The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

As for why shooting is way down and I think one of the reasons that the line was moved back.  I also don't know if kids growing up work on their outside shot as much as learning to drive the ball to the basketball and using their athletic ability.  Most team run the high ball screen to get the players an opening to get to the basket.  To me the ball screen bring s to many defenders to the ball and makes it easier to guard you. 

As for the college game I just think the talent level is way down because of kids leaving early for the pros.  It is harder for teams to build continuity and to me a team needs to build through the years to get better chemistry which leads to better play.  Also with so many transfers it is hard for that player to come right in and fill comfortable with their new team which leads to some bad offense.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment on short term memory. Hope our kids have short memories because the Big 10 schedule doesn't allow for wallowing. For example....Purdue is now 2-2 after that loss last night and next 3 are at Michigan, home with Sparty, at Maryland. They could go from 2-1 to 2-5 in conference play real quick making that Virginia win a distant memory. 

This why these next 4 are so important for us. After these next 4 you could make a point there isn't an easy or perceived easy one left on the schedule. 

I know IU isn't playing well, but wow, Purdue has really put themselves in a big hole.

You could easily see a scenario where Purdue has a losing record at the end of the year.

Watching CBS Sports network and the show men of march.  I now understand why Mark Few has not left Gonzaga.  If you see his house and se the view from his deck you would understand why he is still at Gonzaga.  His house is on top of a mountain ad the view of the whole valley below them.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watching CBS Sports network and the show men of march.  I now understand why Mark Few has not left Gonzaga.  If you see his house and se the view from his deck you would understand why he is still at Gonzaga.  His house is on top of a mountain ad the view of the whole valley below them.

Not to derail but my neighbors just decided to fold up shop and bought a place in Missoula, MT. Photos only but unreal serenity and views. I can see why Few has declined overtures his entire career. He has total control of the program, fans....and honestly has probably the easiest route to 1 seed of anyone in the country year in and year out until another team west of the Rockies decides to challenge him. Maybe SDSU or Oregon will this year?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to derail but my neighbors just decided to fold up shop and bought a place in Missoula, MT. Photos only but unreal serenity and views. I can see why Few has declined overtures his entire career. He has total control of the program, fans....and honestly has probably the easiest route to 1 seed of anyone in the country year in and year out until another team west of the Rockies decides to challenge him. Maybe SDSU or Oregon will this year?

They asked him why he has stayed at Gonzaga and he did say the area was the main reason and that the just loves it there.  He is like 15 minutes from a huge lake that him and his family go to a lot for boating activities.  He did also say he can win there and can compete for championships.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Can CTC beat 2 top 20 cheating programs in the same? I for 1 am hoping so. 

Hope so. Him beating UK and Memphis in same week probably would only be a close second to him and IU winning 3 top 10 games in 2013 at Sparty, at Michigan, and at Ohio St

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I know that I always talk about the past but when I see this Butler team and the talent on that team as 1 seed it makes you think how far the talent level has went down.

By the way we are still in but at a 10 seed playing 7 seed Virginia.

Butler as a 1? Joey brackets has really gone off the rails....

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Butler being ranked 6th is the highest in season ranking ever for the Bulldogs. 

I might be wrong but is it safe to say that Butler, Purdue and Notre Dame has been top 10 since the last time we were. Is that correct?

I think we were 2 or 3 in 2016 after beating KU in the opener

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We moved just south of Missoula to the Bitterroot Valley about 5 years ago and I don't think we'll ever leave. 

In other news, pretty damning statement from Ole Roy. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28441970/roy-williams-calls-unc-team-least-gifted-ever-coached

Archived