The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wow what a beat down PU put on MSU. Didn’t see the game, what happened to MSU, what an awful showing 

Everything that could have went wrong did. Turnovers every other possession, couldn’t hit a three, Purdue couldn’t miss, iffy fouls, Purdue outhustled them all day too. Izzos whiny butt was a little frustrated. That was good to see anyway. Silver lining of Turdue winning. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wow what a beat down PU put on MSU. Didn’t see the game, what happened to MSU, what an awful showing 

The Boilers KO'd them at the opening bell.  Purdue dominated the paint.  +18 from behind the arc and  +7 from the FT line in favor of Purdue.  Add to that the Spartans had 18 TO's to Purdue's 6.  Not a good day for Sparty.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

The Boilers KO'd them at the opening bell.  Purdue dominated the paint.  +18 from behind the arc and  +7 from the FT line in favor of Purdue.  Add to that the Spartans had 18 TO's to Purdue's 6.  Not a good day for Sparty.

Total dominance is right. Purdue will be up and down. But they do play hard, they compete and they play strong defense. 

Their offense can be a mess if Stefanovich is not hitting. But they are capable on any night.

Just another part of the B10 gauntlet.

13 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Total dominance is right. Purdue will be up and down. But they do play hard, they compete and they play strong defense. 

Their offense can be a mess if Stefanovich is not hitting. But they are capable on any night.

Just another part of the B10 gauntlet.

To me as impressive as the Purdue beat down was, Winston seemed to cower under the "pressure" that was thrust his way.  Cassius just flat ass sucked.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Looked like a team effort to me.  Hunter, Proctor, and Eastern took their turns.  Winston had 9 turnovers himself.

I’ve noticed longer taller guards gave him problems. Smaller guys that he can bully he seems to dominate. Hopefully Rob is healthy when we go up against him.

59 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Everything that could have went wrong did. Turnovers every other possession, couldn’t hit a three, Purdue couldn’t miss, iffy fouls, Purdue outhustled them all day too. Izzos whiny butt was a little frustrated. That was good to see anyway. Silver lining of Turdue winning. 

Couldn’t miss? We shot 45% from the floor, 36% from 3, and 61% from the line. We won mainly because of defense which was unreal. Hunter completely shut down Winston. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Couldn’t miss? We shot 45% from the floor, 36% from 3, and 61% from the line. We won mainly because of defense which was unreal. Hunter completely shut down Winston. 

LOL...yeah the stats don't bare everything out from the beatdown.  But it wasn't just Hunter...Winston just failed miserably on his own.  He was "bad Devonte" today.  But I will say this about Sparty, you can beat them inside.  Williams had his way with the guys in green unis.

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

When you went up big in the first half and established the lead you were shooting much higher percentages. And yes the defense was tough the entire game. Made life hell for Winston. 

17 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL...yeah the stats don't bare everything out from the beatdown.  But it wasn't just Hunter...Winston just failed miserably on his own.  He was "bad Devonte" today.  But I will say this about Sparty, you can beat them inside.  Williams had his way with the guys in green unis.

I mean yeah he made some mistakes he normally doesn’t but I think a lot of it can be attributed to Purdue’s defense. 9 turnovers in one game is unheard of for him. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

This could be really good for us.

We might well be happy we didn’t shorten our bigs rotation earlier this season.

39 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

This could be really good for us.

We might well be happy didn’t shorten our bigs rotation earlier this season.

Apologies to Archie.  I am not a fan of shortening our bench.  We've got height there. And as they say...."You can't teach height".

Archived