The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I may have overlooked this, so sorry if already posted.

Vandy goes 0-25 from the 3 point line, ending a 34 year streak of at least 1 3 pointer made.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28511073/vanderbilt-34-year-3-point-streak-ends-0-25-night

Thinking back on those arguments I would get into with Vandy fans on the IU forum with the Romeo recruitment. Wonder what they are thinking now.....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Stole this from Delphi Bracketology on Twitter. Good follow by the way. Breaks down our Nonconference SOS compared to others in Big 10. Pretty glaring numbers for the our nonconference schedule was so weak crowd. 

Indiana Non conf SOS per NCAA team sheet is ranked 43. For comparison other BIG 10 teams Minn . 52 Illinois 241 Penn St 315 Michigan 127 Iowa 170 other notables Baylor 180 Butler 141 Kentucky 186

Makes no sense Net has ncsos at 98.  Kenpom 205.  Bpi 190.  Just now up to 52 total season  on rpi.   And just now 51 total season on sagarin.   Ncaa team sheet explanation says a composite of all these.  

Has to be an error.  Sorry, no disrespect to you.  I did download the team sheets off ncaa and that is what it says but it just has to be wrong.  Even if we added the 3 that we know and divide by 3 we have 164.  

Our non conference only had one quad one game.  3 quad 2.  The rest are quad 3 and 4.  We can say everyone else plays similar but the numbers jist don't add up.  There is a mistake.  We clearly didn't play the 43rd ranked ncsos by any metric.  

Tell me what I'm not seeing or seeing wrong. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Makes no sense Net has ncsos at 98.  Kenpom 205.  Bpi 190.  Just now up to 52 total season  on rpi.   And just now 51 total season on sagarin.   Ncaa team sheet explanation says a composite of all these.  

Has to be an error.  Sorry, no disrespect to you.  I did download the team sheets off ncaa and that is what it says but it just has to be wrong.  Even if we added the 3 that we know and divide by 3 we have 164.  

Our non conference only had one quad one game.  3 quad 2.  The rest are quad 3 and 4.  We can say everyone else plays similar but the numbers jist don't add up.  There is a mistake.  We clearly didn't play the 43rd ranked ncsos by any metric.  

Tell me what I'm not seeing or seeing wrong. 

I'd ask Delphi Bracketology. Just passing along what they say. Kenpom I don't give any credence....51 on sagarin.....others large variance tells me humans still mess numbers up, right? 

I'd love to know the answer if you find out. I just like to control the controllable. Win today, tomorrow and this week. The rest will figure itself out. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd ask Delphi Bracketology. Just passing along what they say. Kenpom I don't give any credence....51 on sagarin.....others large variance tells me humans still mess numbers up, right? 

I'd love to know the answer if you find out. I just like to control the controllable. Win today, tomorrow and this week. The rest will figure itself out. 

51 sagarin and 52 rpi is whole season which is now 7 conference games in.  I couldn't find sags and rpi breakdown of conference/ non conference/whole season stenght of schedule.  No one in their right mind would call IU's non conference schedule top 50.  Not HTD or the biggest homer any of us know. 

I'm not saying Delphi is wrong either.  Im saying i think the ncaa team sheet is incorrect.  Hopefully that remains an error in our favor.  

16 hours ago, Hoosier83 said:

I agree with that. I always thought he gets the most out of his players. I don’t remember a 5 star recruit committing to PU since the Hummel, Moore, and the big guy who’s name is escaping me at the moment. And I’m not 100% sure any of those were 5 star guys. I think he runs a good, clean program and keeps PU relevant more years then not. 

Swanigan.

Still not ranked but that's ok. Means nothing in the end.

Lol at Purdue still getting votes though. Just goes to show most of these polls are created by people who probably don't even watch games. How a team hovering right at .500 has more votes than us just proves that being ranked or unranked at this point is meaningless. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. NC State doesn't score for 10 minutes in this one and still wins at Virginia. Given what I think of the ACC in general....our FSU 16 point win looks to be likely a top 5 win come March. 

UVa just lost too much after last year.  And the FSU win is looking mighty fine.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't believe I'm saying this but I guess go Purdue tonight. Don't want the Illini to get another quality road win and pull way in the 2nd place race. 

At one point we need some B10 teams projected in the NCAA to start trending down.  :)

I look at it like this, IU has a much better chance to get in instead of Purdue than Illinois right now.......so go Illinois!!!

Purdue gets beat tonight and drops to 10-9 with 12 games to go.....that's a really tough hill to climb.

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wasn't there a year where Syracuse got in at 15-15 or something close to that? 

No team has got an at large bid with more than 14 losses.

But, 10 teams got in with 14 losses.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracket-beat/2017-02-17/college-basketball-teams-make-ncaa-tournament-double

Most of them had 14 losses going into the conference tourney and made a run.

15 minutes ago, JugRox said:

No team has got an at large bid with more than 14 losses.

But, 10 teams got in with 14 losses.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracket-beat/2017-02-17/college-basketball-teams-make-ncaa-tournament-double

Most of them had 14 losses going into the conference tourney and made a run.

I saw that one Feb 2017.  Trying to remember but there was a year recently that Syracuse got in and it was a big fuss and they wound up going on a run.  

Edit.  So twice since 15-16 Syracuse and whinny boeheim slide in after crying and lobbying with 13 losses.

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I saw that one Feb 2017.  Trying to remember but there was a year recently that Syracuse got in and it was a big fuss and they wound up going on a run.  

Think it was 2016. Got in with 13 losses but I think the fuss was because they were banned the year before for illegal recruiting and somehow was given the benefit of the doubt the following year. Of course they went to Final 4 but probably never should have been in tourney to begin with.

Archived