The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How McCormack can go into the stands fighting, stomp a guy twice, and only get 2 games.  What an embarrassment.   It's again, all about the Benjamin's.  Protect the conference championship.  Get the number one seed.  Hope to win the championship in a season anyone can will.  Trash administration.  Trash leadership from the adults.  Not surprising.  

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not just the campus but it is hard to sell top recruits that they will have to play hard all the time and play tough hard nose defense.  Top recruits is all about showing their offensive game off and not  worried about defense.

Painter decided a few years ago to keep recruiting his type of players which will play in his style instead of recruiting better athletes.  I also think that is why it will be hard for Archie to get the top rated recruits especially put of state since he expects players to play defense.  to me this is one of the reasons why I think Shaka Smart has not done well at UT.  At VCU he played that up in your face full court press but I did not think that would go at a higher caliber program.  Shaka decided to change his style so he could get the top rated recruits but he is not coaching to his strength.

Cal preaches defense all the time at Kentucky...and I would say as the season goes on their defense really improves over the season. Cal I don't think is great at x's o's and knowing when to call a timeout etc but he is very hard on the kids about playing defense and egoless basketball. Works better on some of his classes then others but he get's them to win at a pretty elite level and those are almost all 5* kids. I don't think a majority of kids at that level want to focus on it but I think if a kid trusts a coach (for better or worse like they trust Cal) they will do just about anything he says. If Painter was putting kids into the NBA at that level..and they succeeding not just barely making a team or forever in the g league he could coach them however he wants and there would be some buying in...not all but some. The ones that don't buy in to playing defense etc...they end up at UCLA and Arizona and you see these one off situations like why would a 5* go to LSU or Oklahoma St. Those kids know it is roll the ball out and show off what they can do...and what goes for the rest of the team doesn't apply to them.

5d9bba7207be6.image.jpg?resize=1200,1003

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Wow, somehow I missed that he ended up at Penn State???  But sure enough our former CuJo.  Good for him. 

Not a direct route to Penn State. After IU, Curtis went to Oklahoma State.  Then moved on to Penn State as a Grad Transfer.

I watched the game the other night. Curtis played great.  (Sigh)

7 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

De Sousa: “Put me in Coach”

Dollar Bill: “How about no. And I want my money back”

1BE42C79-480C-4AAB-9B28-41FBC452B76D.jpeg

DCA2B732-27F5-4F13-9EF5-2DF7297A6B29.jpeg

We dodged a bullet on that one...didn't we try to recruit him but as soon as he asked for money we backed off? De Sousa is single handedly bringing down the program....first with the money scandal and then with his fists. Self should be fired for his stupidity for not realizing De Sousa wasn't worth this to begin with.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

5d9bba7207be6.image.jpg?resize=1200,1003

Not a direct route to Penn State. After IU, Curtis went to Oklahoma State.  Then moved on to Penn State as a Grad Transfer.

I watched the game the other night. Curtis played great.  (Sigh)

Thanks Mile!  I think that's why I missed it, because he didn't go directly to Penn State.  I always thought he and Devonte were similar in that they could be really streaky.... either play really well or really frustrating to watch.  I always wish former Hoosiers well.... unless they are playing us  :)

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

How McCormack can go into the stands fighting, stomp a guy twice, and only get 2 games.  What an embarrassment.   It's again, all about the Benjamin's.  Protect the conference championship.  Get the number one seed.  Hope to win the championship in a season anyone can will.  Trash administration.  Trash leadership from the adults.  Not surprising.  

Dear Big 12 Conference:

Your suspensions were about 70 games too light. 

Sincerely,

Ron Artest Metta World Peace

2 hours ago, rico said:

I dunno.  He was committed to 'Zona IIRC, then the stuff broke out there and he switched to UCLA(Alford).  The pedigree is there for sure.

Rough break for the kid...first the Arizona paying people thing happens...then he has heart surgery....then he thinks he is going to play for Alford and ends up with Cronin (the anti Alford coach lol). I'd take a look at him....can't be any worse than Patrick Ewing Jr. turned out for us.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Alan Griffin suspended for 2 games by Big 10. Needless to say he gets 2 games for a stomp and immediately sought out the player after the game to apologize.....and the Big 12 thinks 2 games was enough for a player who goes into the stands. 

As additional punishment, during those two games, he has to wear a Christian Laettner mullet wig while sitting on the bench.

image.png

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Like you kid yourself about Swanigan?

That's the fun part about throwing shade at other schools recruiting. Always leads to someone asking about what your own school did. I mean Painter beat out Izzo and his private machine for Swanigan. What's that say?

Archived