The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Will Wade strikes again. Another 5 star says yes to LSU. Cam Thomas from Oak Hill. I always like to look at schools that offered and you can paint a picture. Other schools involved were Auburn, Kansas, NC State, UCLA, and Oregon. Draw your own conclusions. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Will Wade strikes again. Another 5 star says yes to LSU. Cam Thomas from Oak Hill. I always like to look at schools that offered and you can paint a picture. Other schools involved were Auburn, Kansas, NC State, UCLA, and Oregon. Draw your own conclusions. 

I conclude that 15 years from now the NCAA will cease to exist and college athletics will be unrecognizable.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I conclude that 15 years from now the NCAA will cease to exist and college athletics will be unrecognizable.

I predicted the same when discussing Penny paying moving expenses.  Allowing players to be compensated for their likeness is the first step down a very slippery slope that will ultimately ruin college basketball.  Poor Scott will likely die of a broken heart when college basketball becomes undiscernible from the G-league.  A lot of us other old fogies will probably simply lose interest and move on, much like I did with NASCAR a few years ago.  I'm waiting for someone to change MMA rules to open-hand slapping and verbal insults, although scoring insults could be interesting...

I ended up watching about 3/4 of the Hawaii-Illinois game. Kofi Cockburn (and a matchup between he and Lucas Haas could have generated all kinds of forum hilarity) might be a freshman, but he's got the body of a man. Big dude. Not sure if he can play yet or not, but I'm glad we have 2 big bangers to sic on him.

And from what I saw, he and Giorgi don't fit well in the court together. They clog up the lane for Illinois' slashers. And I'm still wondering what the talking heads see in the Illini.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I ended up watching about 3/4 of the Hawaii-Illinois game. Kofi Cockburn (and a matchup between he and Lucas Haas could have generated all kinds of forum hilarity) might be a freshman, but he's got the body of a man. Big dude. Not sure if he can play yet or not, but I'm glad we have 2 big bangers to sic on him.

And from what I saw, he and Giorgi don't fit well in the court together. They clog up the lane for Illinois' slashers. And I'm still wondering what the talking heads see in the Illini.

I'm going to wait for a few more games from some of these teams but the little of the Illini I've watched I don't see some of the preseason hype other. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to wait for a few more games from some of these teams but the little of the Illini I've watched I don't see some of the preseason hype other. 

Illini have completely changed their system on both ends of the court with the addition of Kofi into the lineup. Jury is certainly still out on how well it's going to work.

But they have gone from one of the worst rebounding teams in the country to a very good one. Kofi's very good there and also having him and Giorgi in the lineup together obviously means more boards. The defense is very different, no longer the intense pressure D trying to get turnovers, instead playing more of a Texas Tech style D. So the foul differential has also flipped, Illinois is getting to the line much more and not fouling nearly as often. Also taking far fewer 3 pointers and emphasizing getting the ball into the paint.

Will have to see how this holds up once they face better competition. But right now what I see is guards that are much better in transition and bigs that are better in a half court game. Underwood will have to get this disparate grouping to work more smoothly pretty quickly.

Under the radar game tonight. Vermont at Virginia. We know Virginia and what they have,etc.....but Vermont is one of those programs (for those that don't know) is very solid. Good coach. University just poured almost $100M into new facilities. I'll put it this way I wouldn't want to be opposite of them in a 6/11 or 5/12 match up come March. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if this game is close for awhile.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Under the radar game tonight. Vermont at Virginia. We know Virginia and what they have,etc.....but Vermont is one of those programs (for those that don't know) is very solid. Good coach. University just poured almost $100M into new facilities. I'll put it this way I wouldn't want to be opposite of them in a 6/11 or 5/12 match up come March. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if this game is close for awhile.

They have good maple syrup too.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For those interested. Vermont up 1 with less than 10 to go. 37-36. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Vermont has some boys from Evansville! The Duncan kids!

So Desmond Bane is scoring 25.5 a game shooting 52% from 3 on 23 attempts through 3 games.  Translation, he's killing it.  When Goodman said last spring that a known name Indiana kid was going to become available through transfer I was dreaming it was Desmond.  At 6'6" shooting like that, he'll be on an NBA team next year.  Wish he was on ours this year.  

Antoine Davis is scoring 27 a game so far against Clemson and NC st.  Just a sophomore.  

And Radford finishes off Northwestern at home.  

Archived