The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

We can only dream of being able to score 68 points in a single game, lol... Only happened 3 times since conference play started.

I think they are saying because Alabama was one of the top scoring teams in the country.  In the thread I started about offensive struggles in college basketball, Rico posted the top 10 scoring teams and Alabama was in the  top 10.

22 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We can only dream of being able to score 68 points in a single game, lol... Only happened 3 times since conference play started.

I just cant wait until we get rid of all these Crean guys that cant score. I wish CTC would not have focused so much on defense and spent just a little time on offense. 

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I saw that Alabama only scored 68 last night.  All of the Avery Johnson players must have played last night

I just looked at the box.  Bama had 40 at the half.  Here is a stat...UT went to the line 32 times...Bam went 8 times.  The Tide had 3 players foul out.  So much for homecookin' in the SEC as well as the game was in Tuscaloosa.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think with the pressure we see today and guys making a lot of money they will not stay in one place for a long time. 

Or Mark Few was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the curve and said I'll stay here, win 30 every year, no pressure, and I can fly fish daily without any of the locals bothering me? Tell you this after watching IU and our fans over the last 20 years. Makes me have a greater appreciation for what Knight did. Not only win but win at historic elite levels while keeping this state and fans in check for better part of 25+ years. Just remarkable actually.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think with the pressure we see today and guys making a lot of money they will not stay in one place for a long time. 

Remember we are talking coaches here...pressure or not, the money will keep them in one place as long as they win at fan's expectations

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Brooks is gonna be 1 and done..only problem is it won’t be to the NBA...it will be to another college...hey Dad hows that decision working out for you.

I’ve always felt that he was going to be OAD regardless how the season turned out. Daddy has let the future money prospects drive all the decisions. He’ll probably declare after this year with the hopes that he’ll get drafted because he played at “Kentucky”, albeit very limited and poorly at that. If he doesn’t get drafted, maybe a team like the Pacers sign him as an UDFA to play for the Mad Ants in hopes to increase attendance by having a local boy on the roster. It will definitely be interesting to see how things play out after the season with him.

4 minutes ago, MPM said:

I’ve always felt that he was going to be OAD regardless how the season turned out. Daddy has let the future money prospects drive all the decisions. He’ll probably declare after this year with the hopes that he’ll get drafted because he played at “Kentucky”, albeit very limited and poorly at that. If he doesn’t get drafted, maybe a team like the Pacers sign him as an UDFA to play for the Mad Ants in hopes to increase attendance by having a local boy on the roster. It will definitely be interesting to see how things play out after the season with him.

So what you are saying is that Brooks Sr. is gonna have to wait awhile on that beachfront house in Miami?

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Remember we are talking coaches here...pressure or not, the money will keep them in one place as long as they win at fan's expectations

Just look at MSU and their fans, they have been to 22 straight tournaments and made 9 final fours.  They are still not happy and making it known on social media and to me they sound like a spoiled little brat.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just look at MSU and their fans, they have been to 22 straight tournaments and made 9 final fours.  They are still not happy and making it known on social media and to me they sound like a spoiled little brat.

Well they better get used to it because once Izzo retires they might have to endure some hard times. Just like we've had to. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So be it...I advise them to look up Jud's numbers.  

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Dad said it best...

"Some people ain't happy unless they ain't happy."

Archived