The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Stevens HATES recruiting. I mean absolutely HATES it. And before anyone says "It will be easy to recruit at Duke"....Stevens will still have to make in home visits....and that just isn't going to happen.

Never mind the fact that he is probably the best young coach in the NBA. 

Heard an interview with Chris Denari of the Pacers and he went on a trip with the NBA and Stevens and his wife was on there as well.  They were talking about him leaving butler and the main reason was it was Boston but the other was that he did not like the recruiting part of the job.  Also his wife prefers the lifestyle of him being an NBA coach because there are way more time for family than in college.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard an interview with Chris Denari of the Pacers and he went on a rip with the NBA and Stevens and his wife was on there as well.  They were talking about him leaving butler and the main reason was it was Boston but the other was that he did not like the recruiting part of the job.  Also his wife prefers the lifestyle of him being an NBA coach because there are way more time for family than in college.

All of those things are true. Kids grow up perspectives change. By no means do I feel that him leaving is probable but the 1 college job I think that would interest is Duke

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard an interview with Chris Denari of the Pacers and he went on a trip with the NBA and Stevens and his wife was on there as well.  They were talking about him leaving butler and the main reason was it was Boston but the other was that he did not like the recruiting part of the job.  Also his wife prefers the lifestyle of him being an NBA coach because there are way more time for family than in college.

I know some former Butler players that are still in contact with Stevens.....none of them think he comes back.

Things change and the NBA has a short memory. 

I talked to Aaron henry's dad a little bit ago but he did not go in specifics about what has been said to the players.  He did say it has been pretty bad and he is very disappointed in how the kids are being treated.  We need to remember that these are just kids and should not be treated the way some fans treat them.  If these were your kids would you want them to be treated like this just because they did not meet the expectations of some old guys on social media.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

Well Davis took us to the championship game in year #2....and Guthridge took the Tar Heels to the FF in year #1.

True enough...But I guess I was thinking of long-term.  NC has done well after Dean Smith, but not many other programs have sustained their success at legendary levels.  Just my humble opinion.  😊

Just now, jv1972iu said:

True enough...But I guess I was thinking of long-term.  NC has done well after Dean Smith, but not many other programs have sustained their success at legendary levels.  Just my humble opinion.  😊

All of UNC hires has been part of the UNC family and they know what it takes to win there.

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

Stevens HATES recruiting. I mean absolutely HATES it.

Link

"You know I liked recruiting. Because we cast a pretty small net. We went after guys that would fit our program and would do well in the classroom at Butler and fit our system, and obviously, were really good players. So, that part, you get to know guys. You get to spend time with them."

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I talked to Aaron henry's dad a little bit ago but he did not go in specifics about what has been said to the players.  He did say it has been pretty bad and he is very disappointed in how the kids are being treated.  We need to remember that these are just kids and should not be treated the way some fans treat them.  If these were your kids would you want them to be treated like this just because they did not meet the expectations of some old guys on social media.

Thanks for the feedback. 

It's one thing to criticise how a kid is playing with in the context of the game, and even then I try to chose my words carefully, but when fat jack asses on their couch are calling kids dumb or lazy publically on social media they for real need to get a life. Unfortunately this is going to happen at every big basketball program with the anonymity social media provides. 

Not calling anybody out on this board because for the most part we keep that in mind, but some of the comments on IU Basketball's main Facebook and Twitter accounts are just embarrassing. Sorry for the rant, but internet tough guys are making me lose faith in humanity lately.

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

It's one thing to criticise how a kid is playing with in the context of the game, and even then I try to chose my words carefully, but when fat jack asses on their couch are calling kids dumb or lazy publically on social media they for real need to get a life. Unfortunately this is going to happen at every big basketball program with the anonymity social media provides. 

Not calling anybody out on this board because for the most part we keep that in mind, but some of the comments on IU Basketball's main Facebook and Twitter accounts are just embarrassing. Sorry for the rant, but internet tough guys are making me lose faith in humanity lately.

they make all the other great fans of a team look bad because we will get clumped in with the bad apples.

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

This is the only social media I am on I don’t do any of the other stuff. I don’t like some of the things said here about the players as I just feel a lot of the comments are out of line that I read. Now criticizing coach’s on the other hand I feel is different as they are paid large amounts of money for their responsibility. If comments on those other avenues about players are worse than here well that’s just sad and I am happy to say I do not or never will take part! 

6 minutes ago, Cutter said:

This is the only social media I am on I don’t do any of the other stuff. I don’t like some of the things said here about the players as I just feel a lot of the comments are out of line that I read. Now criticizing coach’s on the other hand I feel is different as they are paid large amounts of money for their responsibility. If comments on those other avenues about players are worse than here well that’s just sad and I am happy to say I do not or never will take part! 

This board is very tame compared to Rivals.  I am not on Twitter but have heard it is terrible.

Archived