The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

It's one thing to criticise how a kid is playing with in the context of the game, and even then I try to chose my words carefully, but when fat jack asses on their couch are calling kids dumb or lazy publically on social media they for real need to get a life. Unfortunately this is going to happen at every big basketball program with the anonymity social media provides. 

Not calling anybody out on this board because for the most part we keep that in mind, but some of the comments on IU Basketball's main Facebook and Twitter accounts are just embarrassing. Sorry for the rant, but internet tough guys are making me lose faith in humanity lately.

I agree, but unfortunately lots of people don't know what the phrase "get a life" means.  Lots of people are stupid...or simply mean, ignorant individuals who have less than meaningful lives...and they enjoy denigrating others.  Social media feeds the division existing within our country on a daily basis.  It advances a lot of hatred, IMHO.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

All of UNC hires has been part of the UNC family and they know what it takes to win there.

Yes they do

In a statement the NCAA provided along with the public release of the infractions report, the infractions committee acknowledged that its ability to determine that NCAA violations related to academics was limited by the NCAA’s own rules, which are decided by its member schools.

“The panel noted that its ability to determine whether academic fraud occurred at UNC was limited by the NCAA principle relying on individual member schools to determine whether academic fraud occurred,” the NCAA’s statement read.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Might be right but wouldn't you think a program like UCLA could lure a big name coach and they haven't been able to.

You keep moving the goal posts.  We were talking Duke and then you bring up UCLA.  And UCLA has brought in plenty of big name coaches.  Hell, they got one now.  

2 minutes ago, rico said:

You keep moving the goal posts.  We were talking Duke and then you bring up UCLA.  And UCLA has brought in plenty of big name coaches.  Hell, they got one now.  

Besides Larry Brown and maybe Howland they have not hired a big name coach.  I bring them up because they seem pretty similar to our situation where our fans think they will bring in top coaches from major programs but they don't.  Do you think Mick Cronin is a big name and I would not consider Alford a huge name from a big time program(New Mexico)

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Besides Larry Brown and maybe Howland they have not hired a big name coach.  I bring them up because they seem pretty similar to our situation where our fans think they will bring in top coaches from major programs but they don't.  Do you think Mick Cronin is a big name and I would not consider Alford a huge name from a big time program(New Mexico)

And now you want to talk UCLA?  Cronin is a big name, Howland was a big name.  There is no pleasing the UCLA crowd since Wooden.  

13 minutes ago, rico said:

UCLA has one of the smallest Recruiting budgets in basketball.  They rank like 39th.  This is abysmal for a blue blood program. 

https://watchstadium.com/how-much-is-your-school-spending-on-college-basketball-recruiting-07-29-2019/

3 hours ago, rico said:

And now you want to talk UCLA?  Cronin is a big name, Howland was a big name.  There is no pleasing the UCLA crowd since Wooden.  

It must be because their Boosters are NOT paying as much as Wooden wonder years  Same as IZZO

I KNOW NOTHING🤣😉

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well it is 80 degrees and sunny year around

I actually had a friend that lived in Hawaii at one time.  Could not adjust to the constant good weather, and moved back to Indiana.  True.  Here in Denver, it was 74 on Super Bowl Sunday, and Zero overnight last night.  I know they say this about weather in Indiana.  If you don't like the weather, just wait a day.  It's true in Denver. 

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I actually had a friend that lived in Hawaii at one time.  Could not adjust to the constant good weather, and moved back to Indiana.  True.  Here in Denver, it was 74 on Super Bowl Sunday, and Zero overnight last night.  I know they say this about weather in Indiana.  If you don't like the weather, just wait a day.  It's true in Denver. 

So mile, just this morning I was exchanging emails with our best vendor just north of Denver. He sent a picture  of his thermometer that read -12. I wrote back that it was 77 yesterday and 68 today, but possibilities of tornados tonight. He wrote back I prefer the cold to tornados!

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So mile, just this morning I was exchanging emails with our best vendor just north of Denver. He sent a picture  of his thermometer that read -12. I wrote back that it was 77 yesterday and 68 today, but possibilities of tornados tonight. He wrote back I prefer the cold to tornados!

Yeah.  I am with him.  Cold over tornados any day.  Not to say we don't get tornados along the front range. But reare.  Normally when they come, they hit the open country, East of the Denver Metro area.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah.  I am with him.  Cold over tornados any day.  Not to say we don't get tornados along the front range. But reare.  Normally when they come, they hit the open country, East of the Denver Metro area.

Hope you all stay SAFE!

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the well wishes. We are good here in Denver.  Got a light dusting of snow at my house.  But streets the past two days have been extremely icy... leading to multiple accidents. 

Sorry for the young that have to to WORK. But still wish the best for all. Stay safe!!!! We are starting to get sleet or so . I'm  about 30 miles north of Ft. Wayne, In.

getting some snow

Iowa is actually a worse road team than us in Big 10. Games like that just happen. Wouldn't look that much into them yet. Most impressive thing I saw last night was Hinkle Fieldhouse actually leaking onto the court and causing a delay in their game vs Nova. Some guy found the leak in a 92 year old building and patched it up. Pretty impressive.

Archived