The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

1 minute ago, rico said:

Apparently that is the case...a high ankle sprain earlier in the year from what I am seeing.

A bad one. He had to be helped off the court in the 2nd game of the season after going 2-2 from deep. His return to action was against Louisville on 1/25 where he went 2-3 from three with 8 points.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was watching Wichita St/Houston game yesterday at gym. Mostly because it was already on. Here's what I was impressed with. Besides defense and shot selection....I was impressed that Houston was up 20 at half and came out for 2nd half looking to extend that lead and did to win by 33. I look for little things when judging a team and one of them is having success in a game and season and seeing if they decide to play with same fire that got them big lead or record to begin with. Houston appears to have that fire.

Edit-Marshall looks as deflated as ever. Appears to have some serious disconnect with a couple players.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, Seeking6 said:

Was watching Wichita St/Houston game yesterday at gym. Mostly because it was already on. Here's what I was impressed with. Besides defense and shot selection....I was impressed that Houston was up 20 at half and came out for 2nd half looking to extend that lead and did to win by 33. I look for little things when judging a team and one of them is having success in a game and season and seeing if they decide to play with same fire that got them big lead or record to begin with. Houston appears to have that fire.

Edit-Marshall looks as deflated as ever. Appears to have some serious disconnect with a couple players.

The landscape changed for Wichita St after joining the AAC, a step up in competition over the MVC. Last 4 years in MVC, conference record was 68-4. So far, 2.5 years into AAC, they are 29-17 including 15-13 in past two seasons. Currently 6th in the AAC.

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wow.  Crazy 

I know some will say it says more about us than Purdue....which might be true but these sorts of games by Purdue along with Illinois games....I'm still not convinced of them being very good. Guess that's why you play all the games. Now watch Purdue come back and win, right? Haha

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know some will say it says more about us than Purdue....which might be true but these sorts of games by Purdue along with Illinois games....I'm still not convinced of them being very good. Guess that's why you play all the games. Now watch Purdue come back and win, right? Haha

Just over 7 left and PU is within 15

Just now, IUrocker said:

Painter yelling in the huddle “are you guys gonna play?! You got any f’in pride?! They’re gonna beat us by 30!”. Good for him, I love seeing that. His players were eyes locked in while he ripped their ass. I mean its fun seeing them lose, haha, but still.

They need an athletes’ Bill of Rights

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Painter yelling in the huddle “are you guys gonna play?! You got any f’in pride?! They’re gonna beat us by 30!”. Good for him, I love seeing that. His players were eyes locked in while he ripped their ass. I mean its fun seeing them lose, haha, but still.

I am proud of you.  Found the proper thread for this post. J/K , as I have done the same. Love your post. And thanks for being a member.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am proud of you.  Found the proper thread for this post. J/K , as I have done the same. Love your post. And thanks for being a member.

Haha, shoot you’re too quick! Yep right after I posted it the first time I scrolled up and realized it was the wrong thread and got rid of it right away lol. Thank you, and I enjoy being a part of this great group 

Archived