Does anybody else?

btownqb

Does anybody else just have a complete lack of interest in anything basketball related right now because of our season we are having in football? 

Like I mean... I want our team to do well, but I'm just kind of like meh. We still have A LOT more football left!! I've never made it a secret that football is absolutely my favorite sport, so maybe I'm just biased.

🤷‍♂️

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Does anybody else just have a complete lack of anything basketball related right now? 

Like I mean... I want our team to do well, but I'm just kind of like meh. We still have A LOT more football left!! I've never made it a secret that football is absolutely my favorite sport, so maybe I'm just biased.

🤷‍♂️

Basketball is my favorite sport and will be right there tonight listening to the game against Gannon.  Do you not even go to the basketball board to see the traffic there is still heavy even during the off season.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Basketball is my favorite sport and will be right there tonight listening to the game against Gannon.  Do you not even go to the basketball board to see the traffic there is still heavy even during the off season.

No interest in the basketball board at all, right now. To be fair... I usually don't even visit it during the season (usually). I do look at some recruiting stuff. So.. to answer my question you're just as geared up for basketball season as you usually are? That's fine. Again I was just curious.

Football is my number 1 IU sport, baseball is my second favorite IU sport. 

😍😍

Just now, btownqb said:

No interest in the basketball board at all, right now. To be fair... I usually don't even visit it during the season (usually). I do look at some recruiting stuff. So.. to answer my question you're just as geared up for basketball season as you usually are? That's fine. Again I was just curious.

Football is my number 1 IU sports, baseball is my second favorite IU sport. 

😍😍

Can't wait until 11/5/19 the first day of regular season college basketball.  Will watch every IU game and probably a couple of other games every night until my favorite sporting event the NCAA Tournament.  I am just saying if you go over to the basketball board it would show you that a lot of people are excited for college basketball.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't wait until 11/5/19 the first day of regular season college basketball.  Will watch every IU game and probably a couple of other games every night until my favorite sporting event the NCAA Tournament.  I am just saying if you go over to the basketball board it would show you that a lot of people are excited for college basketball.

But I'm asking the people on the football board lol

I want to know with the 6-2 season we're having if anyone else is just sort of ho hum on basketball, I mean we arent going to be very good. 

I'm definitely a basketball fan, but the last few years, I've been less and less engaged with basketball at the beginning of its season and more and more engaged with football at the end its season.  I've been back and forth about whether I'm going to buy the BTN+ to watch tonight's game.  1) We're playing the villain from the Legend of Zelda, and 2) Green and Phinisee are both out, so I'm not sure anything we see tonight will really be representative of the team this year.

This year I'm all-in on football.  I think we're about to witness the best stretch of football IU's ever seen with hopefully good sustained success after that.

But I'm asking the people on the football board lol

I want to know with the 6-2 season we're having if anyone else is just sort of ho hum on basketball, I mean we arent going to be very good. 

I would say the majority of the posters on the football board goes to all the other boards as well.  I can tell you that most fans can be interested in more than one sport at a time and would bet the 90+% can't wait until basketball seasons tarts.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I would say the majority of the posters on the football board goes to all the other boards as well.  I can tell you that most fans can be interested in more than one sport at a time and would bet the 90+% can't wait until basketball seasons tarts.

Scott this isn't chest puffing competition. It's a friggin question. You don't feel the same, move along. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Scott this isn't chest puffing competition. It's a friggin question. You don't feel the same, move along. 

You asked a question and it seems like you just don't like the answer. You act like you can't be a fan of both sports and it seems like the football only fans tries to put a wedge between them and the basketball fans.  I root for all IU teams because it has INDIANA on the front of the jersey.  You asked if people are excited about basketball and I answered yes but you seem to not like that answer,

3 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I guess to answer more specifically: I'll be tuned in to both basketball and football, but if both games were on at the same time, I'd be watching the football game.

Yeah, sort of where I am. Like exhibition games I have no use for. First "big" game I will watch. 

The opponent would have some bearing on which I would watch.  Some of these directional schools in the pre-conference basketball slate would not trump IU/Michigan in football.  But, for teh sake of argument, if it was IU/Purdue football versus IU/Purdue basketball, basketball wins out for me.

Awesome! lol

why do you seem to be so touch about basketball, just because you are not a huge fan doesn't mean other fans are not.  This is Indiana and has always been a basketballs state and it will probably remain that way for a long time.  I love I football and have followed them for well over 40 years.  I remember when you were lucky to see 1 IU football game a year on TV so I listened to every game on radio when I was a kid.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You asked a question and it seems like you just don't like the answer. You act like you can't be a fan of both sports and it seems like the football only fans tries to put a wedge between them and the basketball fans.  I root for all IU teams because it has INDIANA on the front of the jersey.  You asked if people are excited about basketball and I answered yes but you seem to not like that answer,

Dear god. Ok man. I literally replied with "that's fine, I was just curious". Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

why do you seem to be so touch about basketball, just because you are not a huge fan doesn't mean other fans are not.  This is Indiana and has always been a basketballs state and it will probably remain that way for a long time.  I love I football and have followed them for well over 40 years.  I remember when you were lucky to see 1 IU football game a year on TV so I listened to every game on radio when I was a kid.

I am a huge fan. I coach HS basketball lol... I played in a state championship basketball game. And AGAIN I DID NOT SAY THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH BEING A FAN OF BASKETBALL!!!!....

I asked if anyone was just kind of like "meh" when it came to the start of the basketball season because football is doing so well. Stop putting words in my mouth. 

13 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'm definitely a basketball fan, but the last few years, I've been less and less engaged with basketball at the beginning of its season and more and more engaged with football at the end its season.  I've been back and forth about whether I'm going to buy the BTN+ to watch tonight's game.  1) We're playing the villain from the Legend of Zelda, and 2) Green and Phinisee are both out, so I'm not sure anything we see tonight will really be representative of the team this year.

This year I'm all-in on football.  I think we're about to witness the best stretch of football IU's ever seen with hopefully good sustained success after that.

pretty much where I am at

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Does anybody else just have a complete lack of interest in anything basketball related right now because of our season we are having in football? 

🤷‍♂️

Oh yeah, not even interested in b-ball right now.  I will absolutely admit I am so excited about our football team and the season they are having.  The pigskin Hoosiers are my priority right now.

I am definitely more engaged in football than basketball.   Partially because of the season IU is having.   But overall the last decade or so I have been more interested in CFB overall. 

Another part of the equation,  I have been disappointed with Archie.   I think he has underachieved,  and the last two years the basketball team has failed the "I give a **** test" way too often. 

8 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I am definitely more engaged in football than basketball.   Partially because of the season IU is having.   But overall the last decade or so I have been more interested in CFB overall. 

Another part of the equation,  I have been disappointed with Archie.   I think he has underachieved,  and the last two years the basketball team has failed the "I give a **** test" way too often. 

I thought he overachieved his first year because most had them picked around 10th in the league and finished 6th.

Archived