Who's Going to the NW Game?

rogue3542

From what I can tell, IU is marketing this game hard.  They have multiple promotions going on, and I've seen several billboards around 465 in Indianapolis counting down to the game.

I'll be there.  Who else is going?  I'm pumped for this game and think the atmosphere will be one of the best we've seen in years.

Also, what are your attendance predictions for Saturday? 

I'm going to guess 45,000.  Night game; bowl eligible - I think attendance will be pretty good, but I think we are at least another winning season away from selling out.  I hope it's more!

If just half the people who spend the whole time tailgating went to the actual game, we'd sell out every time...

4 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

From what I can tell, IU is marketing this game hard.  They have multiple promotions going on, and I've seen several billboards around 465 in Indianapolis counting down to the game.

I'll be there.  Who else is going?  I'm pumped for this game and think the atmosphere will be one of the best we've seen in years.

Also, what are your attendance predictions for Saturday? 

I'm going to guess 45,000.  Night game; bowl eligible - I think attendance will be pretty good, but I think we are at least another winning season away from selling out.  I hope it's more!

If just half the people who spend the whole time tailgating went to the actual game, we'd sell out every time...

Night game and 6 wins? I’ll be curious to see what the crowd looks like. Would be big for you guys if you can sell out. 

I’ll be there!  🙋🏼‍♀️

Not sure how this may or may not play into the attendance, but I got our tickets a few weeks back as it’s the game that was selected for Knothole Club members (free IU kids club) to get free kids tickets to.  There is also a tour of memorial stadium as part of that package too which I’m really looking forward to.

I’m actually curious if some may have gotten tickets for the game through that for their kids but the late starting time might cause them not to go??  My kids’ dad was going back and forth. I told him we’re going and staying for the whole game.... and if he doesn’t want to do that he can stay home with them and I’ll go by myself 😂

I'm going if any last chance efforts to settle Chicago teachers strike today doesn't work. Good friend of mine's kid opens Saturday against one of the schools impacted by strike. If they resolve and can still practice today....I'm headed to his game and headed to bar up there for IU. If high school game doesn't happen...I'm headed down to Bloomington. Almost win/win. 

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Perhaps beer and BBQ? 

Took the words out of my mouth.  What's not  to expect with a username like  BeerBq ?  Go HOOSIERS !  Great wishes for all that are able to go to the game.  Stay safe getting to the game.  WIsh I could join you all, sometime.

11 hours ago, Reacher said:

Perhaps beer and BBQ? 

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Took the words out of my mouth.  What's not  to expect with a username like  BeerBq ?  Go HOOSIERS !  Great wishes for all that are able to go to the game.  Stay safe getting to the game.  WIsh I could join you all, sometime.

I walked into that one. There will definitely be some beer there, but BBQ is a bit trickier. Good BBQ takes time and tailgating is usually pretty quick. These noon kickoffs have been tough so the griddle has come in handy. I’m excited to have a little more time this week. 

Go Hoosiers!

Archived