A Better Shooting Team in 19-20

Excellent as always! Thanks!

I've always liked the "inside-out" approach. I think it'll produce more uncontested shots for the 6 guys Archie mentioned. 

The eye opener in the article, at least for me, was what our percentage was without including Romeo, Juwan, Evan, and Justin. I know there were some mitigating circumstances there, but whoa...34% to 31% is a big difference in tight games (as you mentioned).

If we stay healthy I feel we will shoot above 35%. I like the fact TDH stated what. Rob's and Al's injuries did to their pre injured shooting. I feel these 2 alone will push us higher . Plus add Damezi a year to adjust  and a healthy Jerome (given time) we have to be better!! Armaan seems to be a better shooter than what some thought. We also take away Romeo's and Juwan's shooting feeling better already. Stay healthy!!! Didn't want to forget Devonte who I feel will have a great year!! Thanks TDH for all you bring!!!

Nice article!

No doubt Archie has an offensive plan for this group. My only concern is will he hold them accountable to follow that plan/approach of inside out, and transition offense?

I watched the exhibition game last night on "tape", and while we did a decent job of getting it to the post, we didn't necessarily do a good job of passing it back out when double and triple teams came to defend. I seem to remember it was particularly true of Joey forcing the shot, rather than passing it back out.

I know it's early, I know I'm expecting too much, I just hope Archie uses his depth to enforce the game plan, rather than letting it slide into something else.

Phinisee can shoot the rock. I would like to see him take more shots.

Hunter will light it up once he gets past the jitters.

Then there is Franklin whom I believe will bring the fire and energy this squad desperately needs to compete on the road. He creates on his own which is invaluable.

TJD is, well, a beast.

Am I the only one that can see a difference in player ability and attitude in the last two classes? Good things are ahead folks. Don’t expect much this year though. 

First off great article and thanks TDH!! But, since I'm against the many negatives of the world! I'm just going to say, for all of the people who have been shall we say negative toward CAM so far. If you can't shoot you can't shoot! Sub 300 in three point shooting isn't going to win a lot of games!

I have high expectations that things improve immensely this season! GO IU! 

• Romeo Langford (27.2%)
  • Juwan Morgan (29.5%)
  • Evan Fitzner (30.9%)
  • Justin Smith (21.9%)

If you take those four players out of last year’s numbers, Indiana shot 33.8 percent from three-point range.  While still not particularly impressive, that’s a percentage that would have moved IU up more than 100 spots in the national rankings and added 51 more points scored on the season.

Interesting stats breakdown here. Well done again Daily Hoosier. As always thanks for the work you put into these articles. It's so appreciated! 

Archived