Northwestern - Indiana game thread

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ramsey's dad is on record as saying several Power 5 schools have already approached Ramsey about being a grad transfer, given the fact that Penix appears to be the #1 at IU.  

If I’m Tom Allen I’m requesting a list of those schools and sending them over to the NCAA. 

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would love to see that too, but I worry that Tuttle is further off than we all hope.  There were chances earlier in the year to get him into games in non garbage time, and we would always wait until the last drive with about 2 minutes left.

He’s only one injury to Ramsey from going in if Penix misses extended time. I would rather put him in with a large lead and let him play a few series to get his feet wet.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I just worry that if Ramsey leaves and then Penix gets injured early next season, all the momentum the program has going for it comes to a stop.   

What happens if Penix leaves and Ramsey gets hurt? I just feel that Penix beat Ramsey as the starter. If he loses his starting status by injury what does that do to future recruiting? Lose your job by injury! I would hope not

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Appy St. got beat last Thursday.

I think we can jump ahead of UCF and Louisiana Tech without them losing since we're basically getting the same amount of votes anyways, so we would need to jump three more teams to get to 25th.  App St. will definitely be one, but we probably need 2 more losses to sneak in at 25.  We're a decent distance behind the "26th" and "27th" teams.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If I’m Tom Allen I’m requesting a list of those schools and sending them over to the NCAA. 

You do that if you're staying at IU.  But, if the Ramseys are truly thinking about the grad transfer route, they just can't do that.  

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He’s only one injury to Ramsey from going in if Penix misses extended time. I would rather put him in with a large lead and let him play a few series to get his feet wet.

I agree that we should get him some time since he would be next up, just kind of thinking out loud that I am a little worried about him.  At least for this year.  But, like you said, he would be next man up if Penix is down, so I really wish we would get him a few meaningful drives.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

You do that if you're staying at IU.  But, if the Ramseys are truly thinking about the grad transfer route, they just can't do that.  

I would guess if Peyton was really thinking about transferring, his dad wouldn't have said anything.  Wouldn't want to upset a school you might want to transfer to.

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just because it’s a power five school doesn’t mean it’s a great situation.  Going 3-8 at Kansas doesn’t sound like much fun. 

It would be interesting to research what Power 5 schools have senior starters this year.  

Living where I do, I can guarantee you that both Louisville and UK could use Ramsey.  They aren't playoff contenders, but they aren't Kansas either.  .  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I just worry that if Ramsey leaves and then Penix gets injured early next season, all the momentum the program has going for it comes to a stop.   

I agree.

But the IU program wouldn't come to a stop, only hit a speed bump, like the Donner party getting over the Sierra Nevada.

Let me think about this for a minute...

Just now, 5fouls said:

It would be interesting to research what Power 5 schools have senior starters this year.  

Living where I do, I can guarantee you that both Louisville and UK could use Ramsey.  They aren't playoff contenders, but they aren't Kansas either.  .  

I don’t want him to leave, but living not far from you it would be funny to watch either fan bases head explode if they had to take on an ex IU QB. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I doubt UK contacted him.  UK is in the SEC and we all know that no-one in the SEC cheats.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Kind of lost in the Penix injury is the fact that we are kicking the absolute crap out of Northwestern.  Just dismantling them in all facets of the game.  First game we've had that we really put together a complete effort.

Yes, it just occurred to me that we are kicking the crap out of a team on FS1 during prime time. How often has that happened?

Archived