Northwestern - Indiana Post game

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

I agree Scott, I  thought we would struggle at times vs their D and it would be a closer game than what it was.  I am really impressed with the way we took care of business. 

I think we win vs. Meeechingan at home.  I don't think we beat PSU, but coming off a BYE I think Deboer has something creative foe for their stout D.

That PSU game is interesting because they have Minnesota this week and OSU after us.  Very possible they are looking ahead. 

PSU is also probably thinking "Minnesota and Indiana....this was supposed to be our break before OSU. We're going to have to actually show up now."

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total team effort. Best game of the year for our Hoosiers.  And I hazard to say, best game in years.  I saw the defense step up. The offense had some spectacular plays. Especially the catch by Hale.  Special teams with some great plays to keep Northwestern deep, and Justin Logan remained perfect kicking FG's for the season.

15 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Good QB-✔

Good RB-✔

Improving defense-✔

Good FG kicker-✔

Good punter-✔

High scoring offense-✔

This are important elements to a good team and IU seems to have it covered...lets keep it rolling..its November and i haven't even checked the basketball schedule to see when the first game is..🤟

we could use a dynamic running back, a smaller, more elusive guy to complement scott. i haven't seen anything from walker or james yet to think they are that guy. in fact, i haven't seen either of those two break a single tackle or make a defender miss. wonder what cole gest is up to these days?

15 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Depends how close the voters look at our 7-2.

Our four BT wins have been against teams that are 3-21 in conference. Think we will be top 25 if we beat PSU (highly unlikely) or UM (fighting chance at home but they are certainly looking better than they did earlier in the season).

In any case, we are going bowling and that is GREAT and a step in the right direction for the program.

i agree. we still have not beaten a good team this season. is penn st a night game?

14 hours ago, hoopsta007 said:

Anyone else feel like we finally turned a corner by closing out Maryland?  Our guys are playing with an edge and have confidence.  Sure, things have broken our way with scheduling but past IU teams would invent ways to lose against teams we should beat. Nice to see an IU team taking care of business!

everyone else is curb stomping maryland. we barely survived

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really think this is a good possibility.  Michigan is playing better now than earlier in the season, but we have them at home and have been playing them close for several years. This is probably the best chance in years IU has the opportunity to beat them. Harbaugh sucks and this is a vulnerable Michigan team.  IMHO. 

hope you are right, but as you said, they finally look like the team they were expected to be.

3 hours ago, 5 championships said:

We could definitely beat Iowa and Minny... at Iowa probably not but at home yes.. Minny id play em anywhere and feel like we would have a solid chance.. Wisky would have to be at home. But ya if we had Wisky and Iowa at home I feel we would have a legit chance.. no shot being in the east with OSU and PSU.

hopefully conference realignment is coming soon!

there won't be a realignment. best hope is for no alignment, as in eliminating divisions entirely

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

First half was good but not quite what I was hoping for.  A lot of people left at halftime and not just the students.

what the hell is wrong with our fans? i guess being the losingest team in the history of college football takes a while to overcome

32 minutes ago, coachv said:

what the hell is wrong with our fans? i guess being the losingest team in the history of college football takes a while to overcome

It was cold and the outcome of the game wasn't in question.  If this was the MSU or Nebraska games, I'd agree with you. 

51 minutes ago, coachv said:

i agree. we still have not beaten a good team this season. is penn st a night game?

We've beaten the teams we should have.  Our two losses were to one of the best teams in the country and a close road loss to a pretty good program.  What more can you ask for to this point in the season?

47 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

The cold and the score = leaving early

Yes. As I posted earlier. IU played late morning, early evening games when the weather was warm. The problem with that, is many IU fans were non believers, at that time.  Then... it made no sense to me, once the interest  in IU football, picked up. that IU was saddled with a night game when the weather (for the fans) would be a factor. 

Oh well. It is what is is.  IU is 7-2 and this IU fan is a very happy camper.  Bowl game here we come !

1 hour ago, coachv said:

we could use a dynamic running back, a smaller, more elusive guy to complement scott. i haven't seen anything from walker or james yet to think they are that guy. in fact, i haven't seen either of those two break a single tackle or make a defender miss. wonder what cole gest is up to these days?

Sitting at the Transfer Portal station waiting on a ride

Archived