Northwestern - Indiana Post game

37 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

As was I.  Went to every game I could as a student.  Game really wasn't that close.  Joe Pa put in subs and we scored late.  Nebraska ran up the score until the very end, and passed PSU for #1.  The rest is history. 

We had a great time but better time after. First time I ever had to bail a friend out of jail. A friend bails you out of jail, your best friend is sitting next to you waiting for a friend to bail you both out

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We had a great time but better time after. First time I ever had to bail a friend out of jail. A friend bails you out of jail, your best friend is sitting next to you waiting for a friend to bail you both out

That is outstanding. I drug a suitcase with 3-30 packs of Bud Dry up 11 floors at Briscoe that day. One leaked, and I had to explain to mom why some homeless guy spilled beer on my new suitcase.  Memories. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That is outstanding. I drug a suitcase with 3-30 packs of Bud Dry up 11 floors at Briscoe that day. One leaked, and I had to explain to mom why some homeless guy spilled beer on my new suitcase.  Memories. 

I think we might have been acquainted.  A guy I went to high school with was on Briscoe 11 and I was there all the time

On 11/5/2019 at 12:58 PM, IU878176 said:

Bad weather does make a difference but our challenge is that the place also clears out when the weather is beautiful.  

I’m of the mindset that the fans can do whatever they want but I do wonder what recruits think when they look up at the stands when the place is 75% empty, in the second half, on a nice day. Hopefully wins will turn around the desire of fans to attend and stay. In the meantime things are going in a positive direction.

it's a bad look and the weather is just another excuse for fans who are bored to leave

19 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

This 100%.  IU needs to repeat 7-8 win seasons for a number of years.  I don't know what the number is, but it has to be sustained in order to generate the level of interest/excitement to make folks come to games and want to stay until the end.  Just my humble opinion.  Whether it happens in my lifetime is another story!

the fans didn't need that at purdue. just saying

4 minutes ago, coachv said:

the fans didn't need that at purdue. just saying

Okay...so historically IU is quite a bit worse than Purdue when it comes to football from an overall wins/losses point.  I think that could be partially why perhaps.  I don't know the answer, obviously.  Why do you think people don't attend?  What do you think has to happen in order for the situation to change?  Just saying here also!  😊

3 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Holy flashbacks Batman.  Haven't heard those words in years. 

Still remember the ads for that swill: "Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry"

12 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Okay...so historically IU is quite a bit worse than Purdue when it comes to football from an overall wins/losses point.  I think that could be partially why perhaps.  I don't know the answer, obviously.  Why do you think people don't attend?  What do you think has to happen in order for the situation to change?  Just saying here also!  😊

i think you're on it. fans need to make the extra effort to get to the games and stay there. i;m not optimistic it will happen this season. 

Archived