Rankings/Bowl Projections

rico

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to get to at least 8 wins.  I'd love to get away from the Pinstripe Bowl and Redbox Bowl and any other crappy bowl that usually takes a 6 or 7 win B1G team.  I really want to play a ranked team in a bowl.  I know we played a ranked Utah team in the Redbox Bowl a few years ago, but that was the only time a ranked team has played in it since 2011.

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would really like to get to at least 8 wins.  I'd love to get away from the Pinstripe Bowl and Redbox Bowl and any other crappy bowl that usually takes a 6 or 7 win B1G team.  I really want to play a ranked team in a bowl.  I know we played a ranked Utah team in the Redbox Bowl a few years ago, but that was the only time a ranked team has played in it since 2011.

Then we need 8-9 wins to get that done...we can do it!

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Read That a Citrus Bowl rep. was at the game yesterday. Big Ten vs. SEC. Jan. 1st in Orlando, Fla. I would think this game would take 9 wins.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too.  At lest we put on a good showing last night, so maybe they liked what they saw.  The Citrus Bowl would be a dream scenario with all of our Florida guys and all of the Florida prospects we are looking at.

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's kind of what I'm thinking too.  At lest we put on a good showing last night, so maybe they liked what they saw.  The Citrus Bowl would be a dream scenario with all of our Florida guys and all of the Florida prospects we are looking at.

Would this be the end of football if IU played in a New Years day bowl game. lol

15 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Read That a Citrus Bowl rep. was at the game yesterday. Big Ten vs. SEC. Jan. 1st in Orlando, Fla. I would think this game would take 9 wins.

I think we would be a dark horse in that one and definitely take 9 wins but how many other B1G teams could finish with 9-10 wins?

Very Likely: OSU, PSU, Minnesota.  Minnesota is currently at 8, and has a game vs NW left.

1 of: Indiana or Michigan.  Assuming that IU beats Purdue and loses to PSU, and that Michigan beats MSU and loses to OSU, the game between them will determine who gets to 9. 
1 of: Iowa or Wisconsin.  They each have two games left that they'd be favored in.  Iowa vs Illinois and Nebraska.  Wisconsin vs Purdue and Nebraska.  That puts them each at 8.  Their game between them would determine who gets to 9. 

Doubtful, but possible: Michigan State.  Sitting at 4-4, but 3 of their games are very winnable: Illinois, Maryland and Rutgers.  Again, their game with Michigan will be critical. 

There's a ton of inter-play among these teams though.  Michigan plays both MSU and Indiana, and Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota all play each other. 

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

IU the second team out in the latest Coaches Poll with 44 votes.

Texas is the only team ahead of IU with 79 votes.

And #25 received 92 votes.  Closer, but still not close.  Going to need a win vs either PSU or Michigan, and a non-blowout vs the other.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

i am an hour from tampa and orlando. would love to get a chance to see my team in a quality bowl game

9 minutes ago, coachv said:

memphis in the cotton bowl? man, the cotton bowl has fallen a long way in prestige. indiana needs to get to a florida bowl game

Contractual obligation.  The highest ranked team from the AAC, Mountain West, C-USA, MAC and Sun Belt gets one of the spots in the New Years 6 bowls (Rose, Cotton, Orange, Fiesta, Peach and Sugar). 

Archived