Rankings/Bowl Projections

rico

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The world is upside down today. IU football is ranked, IU basketball is not even close.

Hey look on the bright side...IU football took a big upswing in '86.  That '86-'87 basketball team won the title.  Big upswing this year for the football program.  Hmmmmmmm.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Positive vibes Kev, just positive vibes.

30 minutes ago, rico said:

Hey look on the bright side...IU football took a big upswing in '86.  That '86-'87 basketball team won the title.  Big upswing this year for the football program.  Hmmmmmmm.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Positive vibes Kev, just positive vibes.

I use to use UL basketball as a guide for IU basketball because

1980 UL champions

1981 IU champions

1986 UL champions

1987 IU champions

8 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Palm's thoughts on anything are about as relevant to me as my dog's thoughts on particle physics.  And probably only a little less accurate. 

I listened to a little bit of Cowherd's show on the radio today.  He said 'Bama was done with the CFP unless they got help.

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

The world is upside down today. IU football is ranked, IU basketball is not even close.

I still put the odds of basketball having a better chance to be ranked at the end of the regular season.  Minnesota did IU no favors when they curb stomped Penn State.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

2 of 3 get's us in a New Years bowl imo. Beat only Purdue or lose all 3....well that will make us an after thought.

What if those 2 of 3 were Penn St. and Michigan?  Where we be at then?  How about a clean sweep?  Win the next 3.

Well, I can dream can't I?

47 minutes ago, rico said:

What if those 2 of 3 were Penn St. and Michigan?  Where we be at then?  How about a clean sweep?  Win the next 3.

That puts us as either the 3rd or 4th finishing team in the conference.  Just going with the odds, that puts OSU in the CFP and Minnesota in the Rose.  The next two down are the Citrus and the Outback, and they both have agreements for 5 different teams in 6 years.  Let's say we're even with Wisconsin.  Wisconsin has been to the Outback within the last 6 years, but not the Citrus.  So they'd go to the Citrus and we'd be in Tampa for the Outback on January 1. 

53 minutes ago, rico said:

Let's dream and win out and Minnesota loses a couple where we could go smell the Roses.  More than likely we will end up in the Redbox Bowl

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I had a dream last night. 

I was in the Motor City,, wearing a Pinstripe suit and some Gator boots, standing by a Redbox machine Outback of a store, drinking some Citrus juice, while holding a bouquet of Roses.

i'm not sure how to interpret it.  

Sounds like you are a pimp

Archived