Rankings/Bowl Projections

rico

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I would be disappointed with the Pinstripe, but the other 4 all would be good.

It'd be a little bit of a letdown, but out of the lower tier bowls, at least it has a little panache to it.  It's an awesome name and venue (and this is coming from a Mets fan), and it's hard to beat NYC during the holiday season. 

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It'd be a little bit of a letdown, but out of the lower tier bowls, at least it has a little panache to it.  It's an awesome name and venue (and this is coming from a Mets fan), and it's hard to beat NYC during the holiday season. 

Very true about the "panache" part.  This year has made me greedy...I want to win where ever we go.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Very true about the "panache" part.  This year has made me greedy...I want to win where ever we go.

A) And I'm still a little bitter over how the last Pinstripe appearance ended.  (I still say that damn FG was good.)

B) The last time we won a bowl, Bush Sr was president.  If we get a lower tier bowl against a lesser opponent, c'est la vie.  Even if it is a shortcut, I'll take the bowl win and 9 win season. 

52 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) And I'm still a little bitter over how the last Pinstripe appearance ended.  (I still say that damn FG was good.)

B) The last time we won a bowl, Bush Sr was president.  If we get a lower tier bowl against a lesser opponent, c'est la vie.  Even if it is a shortcut, I'll take the bowl win and 9 win season. 

Exactly what I'm thinking.  Any bowl that results in a win.  It would take mountains moving for me to be able to go this year so a 9 win season would be the next best thing for the program, imo

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I agree about the panache and I also think that field goal was good last time we played the pinstripe...but I really want to see these kids from Florida rewarded with a bowl in Florida where hopefully their families can attend the game...and I would assume it would benefit our future recruiting.

38 minutes ago, btownqb said:

At this point I'd be surprised if it's not the Gator Bowl 

Me being an IU fan and I married into a family that goes to 2-3 Tennessee home games a year and we live in Ohio im hoping we don’t play UT there. Lol. It’s almost a lock for The Vols so im hoping we get music city and don’t have to play them. I went to the last gator bowl where Tennessee beat Iowa and it was a lot of fun but knowing one of my teams would lose takes the fun out. I’d def be rooting for iu though. We need to hit 9. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Me being an IU fan and I married into a family that goes to 2-3 Tennessee home games a year and we live in Ohio im hoping we don’t play UT there. Lol. It’s almost a lock for The Vols so im hoping we get music city and don’t have to play them. I went to the last gator bowl where Tennessee beat Iowa and it was a lot of fun but knowing one of my teams would lose takes the fun out. I’d def be rooting for iu though. We need to hit 9. 

I'm a big UT fan, as well. I've been a UT game the past 3 years. I was at the So Carolina game this year. Insane atmosphere. ND cant compare. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm a big UT fan, as well. I've been a UT game the past 3 years. I was at the So Carolina game this year. Insane atmosphere. ND cant compare. 

I went to the Georgia game a few years ago when they beat them the last second on a field goal and I’ve been to a game every year the past 7 years.  Neyland is nuts. Been to 2 Alabama games. I won’t go to another one of those. Lol

Guarantano is soooo Jeckyl and Hyde. He threw for 400 two weeks ago and 100 this week and started 0-7 with a pick. He has a lot of talent and is mobile but Chaney doesn’t like to get him outta the pocket. I would say he’s better than over half the qbs we played this year. Obviously not fields. Maybe closer to UMs qb Patterson. He’s thrown for 15 tds 5 int this year.  Only started half the games. Actually had been better coming off the bench. I would say he’s as good as Ramsey. 

I would surmise that I am the biggest UT fan there is on here.  But I will call it for what it is.... the SEC. The Vols have played exactly 3 ranked teams this year.  They got curb stomped in all 3.  They were 2-5 and reeled off 5 straight victories over South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy.  Murders Row.  Hell, we need to join the SEC East.  

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I would surmise that I am the biggest UT fan there is on here.  But I will call it for what it is.... the SEC. The Vols have played exactly 3 ranked teams this year.  They got curb stomped in all 3.  They were 2-5 and reeled off 5 straight victories over South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy.  Murders Row.  Hell, we need to join the SEC East.  

I can promise you are not a bigger UT fan than I am.  This picture has hung above my bed since I was 8 years old. 

20191202_223327.jpg

10 hours ago, rico said:

I thought I remembered you in the past saying you were a vol fan. I always say I wish I could merge Indiana’s offense and Tennessee’s defense. Most of the time. 

Archived