Rankings/Bowl Projections

rico

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, rico said:

Now let's set our sights on being ranked at the end of the year...

It will be a major accomplishment if we can be ranked going into the offseason.  I'm guessing if we beat Purdue and win the bowl game we would be close.  The great thing about bowl season is you figure about half of the top 25 is going to lose each year.  If we win 3 of our last 4, we'll for sure be ranked.

^^^ Rico. This is not directed at your statement.

Whether or not IU is ranked at season's end. Is not IMHO as important as being ranked now, as  being bowl eligible team,  that actually became ranked at this point in the season.  It's proof to me that Coach Allen has done a good job this season. It's bringing positive attention to our program. And can't do anything but help in terms of recruiting.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Rico. This is not directed at your statement.

Whether or not IU is ranked at season's end. Is not IMHO as important as being ranked now, as a being bowl eligible team,  that actually became ranked at this point in the season.  It's proof to me that Coach Allen has done a good job this season. It's bringing positive attention to our program. And can't do anything but help in terms of recruiting.

That is all fine and dandy but being ranked at the end of the season is of importance over the "here and now."  It means we go into the off season on a high note.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

That is all fine and dandy but being ranked at the end of the season is of importance over the "here and now."  It means we go into the off season on a high note.

Oh, I hear you.  It also goes down on the record as the top 25 teams of 2019.  

Tiawan Mullen was spot on in his prediction a year ago. He's going to be such a special player for us.

“I’m excited to go there and be part of a movement. We’ll be ranked in the Top-25 next year, guaranteed.”

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/trayvon-mullens-younger-brother-tiawan-ready-to-break-from-brothers-shadow-at-all-american-bowl/amp?__twitter_impression=true

31 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Tiawan Mullen was spot on in his prediction a year ago. He's going to be such a special player for us.

“I’m excited to go there and be part of a movement. We’ll be ranked in the Top-25 next year, guaranteed.”

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/trayvon-mullens-younger-brother-tiawan-ready-to-break-from-brothers-shadow-at-all-american-bowl/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Glad he's excited, but did he have to use that word?

Archived