Tom Allen on list for Florida St. Job

Indykev

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, coachv said:

would not be surprised to see glass give allen an extension and raise during the next two weeks. hopefully with a massive buyout. does anyone know if deboer has a buyout clause? probably not for a head coaching offer, which he very well may get after the season. hope deboer has a protege on staff

I'm hoping that FSU wants a bigger name coach.  I'd even guess they figure they deserve a big name coach.  

I do not see TA leaving IU for any reason unless he is fired. I believe he truly wants to be here. He has invested a lot into this team, and I believe he truly loves his players, especially with the LEO mantra. Plus I think he is really happy to be able to have his son on the team with him. IF TA did take a job elsewhere at the end of the season I think we would still be okay, because we have Deboer. Deboer's turnaround of the offense this year reminds me a lot of Allen's turnaround of the defense when Kevin Wilson was coach. Deboer used to be a head coach at Sioux Falls, and led them to multiple championships. I could see us easily promoting from within once again. I would miss those FL recruiting ties though!

5 minutes ago, DireBump said:

I do not see TA leaving IU for any reason unless he is fired. I believe he truly wants to be here. He has invested a lot into this team, and I believe he truly loves his players, especially with the LEO mantra. Plus I think he is really happy to be able to have his son on the team with him. IF TA did take a job elsewhere at the end of the season I think we would still be okay, because we have Deboer. Deboer's turnaround of the offense this year reminds me a lot of Allen's turnaround of the defense when Kevin Wilson was coach. Deboer used to be a head coach at Sioux Falls, and led them to multiple championships. I could see us easily promoting from within once again. I would miss those FL recruiting ties though!

Good post.  Just the other day. Coach Allen revealed what he told the team in terms of goals he set out for them, when he took the job. I would believe Coach Allen has more plans for IU.  All of which include him of never leaving IU.  Just like Coach Hep. There's a basketball guy at Gonzaga. Who has been offered train loads of cash to leave. Yet, he wants to stay where he loves it.  Money isn't everything.  I feel Coach Allen is of the same mindset.

34 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He could show up to his first press conference wearing a snorkel, a waist-length wig of blue hair, a pair of cowboy boots and nothing else. 

I looked up Kiffin's Wikipedia page to see his record the last couple years, and the picture they have for him is priceless.  Imagine him looking at someone in the attire you described when you look at the picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Tom Allen does not want to be just a football coach.  He wants to be the the football coach at Indiana.  Zero chance he goes anywhere.  And, if this year's success carries forward, I would expect the crowds will start building as well.  

Hey when the HC of IUFB goes to the Union to pass out tickets for a game. One just has to understand his heart is pumping Cream and Crimson.  

49 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I looked up Kiffin's Wikipedia page to see his record the last couple years, and the picture they have for him is priceless.  Imagine him looking at someone in the attire you described when you look at the picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

That's......disturbing. Makes you think he made a couple "recruiting trips" to West Hollywood during his SC days.

This seems to be Allen’s dream job.

In any case I’d be stunned if FSU came after him.  The Tampa paper mentioned him but Orlando mentioned 14 candidates and none of them were Allen. FSU views themselves as a “blue blood” Don’t take this wrong, as I am very happy with the direction of the program, but I don’t think beating the two worst teams in each of the Big Ten divisions is going to blow FSU away.  

We need to pony up a bit more for Allen and good assistants but not because we are worried about FSU hiring him.

2 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

This seems to be Allen’s dream job.

In any case I’d be stunned if FSU came after him.  The Tampa paper mentioned him but Orlando mentioned 14 candidates and none of them were Allen. FSU views themselves as a “blue blood” Don’t take this wrong, as I am very happy with the direction of the program, but I don’t think beating the two worst teams in each of the Big Ten divisions is going to blow FSU away.  

We need to pony up a bit more for Allen and good assistants but not because we are worried about FSU hiring him.

not yet, but if we go 9-3 and win a bowl game, watch out

Just now, coachv said:

apparently a lot of those tickets ended up in the trash

Or maybe those were the students  in the stands. 

Thanks Coach Allen. It could have been worse without your help. 

And Coach Allen. If you ever have a say in this.  Don't ever schedule a night game in November at Memorial Stadium.  Early season games, when the weather is better, would be ok.  First night game at Memorial Stadium.  Never again, IMHO. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Or maybe those were the students  in the stands. 

Thanks Coach Allen. It could have been worse without your help. 

And Coach Allen. If you ever have a say in this.  Don't ever schedule a night game in November at Memorial Stadium.  Early season games, when the weather is better, would be ok.  First night game at Memorial Stadium.  Never again, IMHO. 

i loved the night game. more night games! especially the penn st game in two weeks

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have no issues with night games either.  Just not in November. 

i like them especially late in the season if we are going to continue our ascent and the games are meaningful. plus, i can have a full day getting things done before the game starts

1 hour ago, coachv said:

i like them especially late in the season if we are going to continue our ascent and the games are meaningful. plus, i can have a full day getting things done before the game starts

Well. When I was a student at IU. There were no night games at Memorial. Just like Wrigley Field. No lights for night games.  TV and tv revenue have changed all of that. And, again, now that we have lights in Memorial Stadium.  Let's just use then when the folks will turn out when the weather is good.. Not because the schedule is dictated by TV.

I am not talking about our ascent. But with our thought about our fans in the stands. Who should be dictated by the weather, considering our present time in our ascent, rather than by the weather.  Give me day games. Or give me....  Oh you know they Patrick Henry saying. 

Archived