Tom Allen on list for Florida St. Job

Indykev

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Looks like CTA is going to be getting a new contact from Glass at seasons end..per the Indianapolis star

I think it was after the Nebraska game, but Glass mentioned it then too.  Said something along the lines that he could see the progress being made, so the 6th win didn't really make a difference in that he was going to get one anyways.  I really hope he gets a good contract and that we can hang on to DeBoer for at least another year.

42 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I think it was after the Nebraska game, but Glass mentioned it then too.  Said something along the lines that he could see the progress being made, so the 6th win didn't really make a difference in that he was going to get one anyways.  I really hope he gets a good contract and that we can hang on to DeBoer for at least another year.

Allen should make whatever he wants. Same with DeBoer. 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For him not to be paid what Brohm is paid would be a travesty. 

Depends how much leverage Allen has and if Florida State or some other program is serious about him. I’m guessing he’ll still make a couple million less a year than Brohm. Completely different scenarios. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Depends how much leverage Allen has and if Florida State or some other program is serious about him. I’m guessing he’ll still make a couple million less a year than Brohm. Completely different scenarios. 

Not really lol.. he's as good of a coach. Simple.. pay him. 

Brohm 16-19 

Allen 17-16 .... pay him. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not really lol.. he's as good of a coach. Simple.. pay him. 

Brohm 16-19 

Allen 17-16 .... pay him. 

Not really? Lol. Comparing records is silly when they walked into vastly different scenarios. You know that.  And Brohm had to be paid more so he wouldn’t leave to go to UT or UL. Unless another school is serious about hiring Allen, IU still has plenty of leverage in negotiating his new contract. Purdue didn’t have that same leverage. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not really? Lol. Comparing records is silly when they walked into vastly different scenarios. You know that.  And Brohm had to be paid more so he wouldn’t leave to go to UT or UL. Unless another school is serious about hiring Allen, IU still has plenty of leverage in negotiating his new contract. Purdue didn’t have that same leverage. 

If we don’t pay him somebody will come a calling after this turnaround. Not necessarily as big a dogs but somebody will. 

Allen needs more money for himself, his staff and I would say one big capital improvement. With that though we be an IU friendly buy out 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we don’t pay him somebody will come a calling after this turnaround. Not necessarily as big a dogs but somebody will. 

Allen needs more money for himself, his staff and I would say one big capital improvement. With that though we be an IU friendly buy out 

All fair points. Will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets. 

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If Allen is smart he'll take 3.5-4million and give DeBoer whatever he wants. As in double it. 

I don't know if we have the stones to pull it off, but I would love to see us increase DeBoer's salary to $1.5 million or more.  That would make him the highest paid assistant in the conference, and would send a massive message that we aren't messing around anymore.  Then give Allen $4 million with a contract with a lot of incentives.

With the B1G revenue we get, we could easily afford it.  We could spend that much money, and we probably wouldn't even notice it was gone.  If we did that, the only way DeBoer would be getting poached is for a head coaching job or a dream assistant job.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't know if we have the stones to pull it off, but I would love to see us increase DeBoer's salary to $1.5 million or more.  That would make him the highest paid assistant in the conference, and would send a massive message that we aren't messing around anymore.  Then give Allen $4 million with a contract with a lot of incentives.

With the B1G revenue we get, we could easily afford it.  We could spend that much money, and we probably wouldn't even notice it was gone.  If we did that, the only way DeBoer would be getting poached is for a head coaching job or a dream assistant job.

I would probably give Allen a 3 million base with bonuses for:

each win after 5

Win Over a team that finishes the season ranked

Winning the Bucket game

And bowl wins

Archived