awaiting dreaded news on penix

coachv

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I feel like this is a good sign that it won't be a season ending injury.  I think if it was, he wouldn't be listed as a game time decision.  I know we use that for most things, but something like his ACL tear, Cronk's injury and things like that, we say someone is out for the season.

So I guess the rumor of a broken collar bone aren't true. 

My guess it was the play towards end of 1st half that others have discussed. Kid has been hurt. Just get the surgery and heal up for national coming out party in 2020.

I'll never, never, never doubt why any legitimate program shouldn't carry 2 starters. Takes very good character kids to be ok with that but you never know how a season can change. Coaches who don't have legit backup QB's just use that as an excuse. 

The only good news is that I'm guessing this injury will get Penix healthy in January or February?  That would give him almost the whole offseason to train and bulk up.  Last year he was sidelined until almost the summer with the knee injury.  Hopefully he can put on a lot of good weight this offseason.

Archived