Bye Week Talk

btownqb

47 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Unfortunately nope. One of the main reasons he was going to transfer back was to be closer to his grandfather who was sick at the time. He sadly passed away and Coy didn’t end up transferring. Can blame the ineptitude of Hazell for Cronk ending up in Bloomington in the first place. What a joke he truly was. 

He accepted a job at Purdue, so being a joke was assumed :coffee:

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well... I can't go if it's Dec 26  27 or 28. So no Holiday Bowl please or Pinstripe. Truthfully the Music City would've been a dream come true.. and honestly I feel Nashville should really want us there. 

IU and UK in Nashville would be a ratings bonanza.  I've been there a couple times with the wife when UK has played. The city turns blue.  With our excitement over a bowl game and the way we're playing, it would be a great atmosphere.  Sponsors would love it.

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

IU and UK in Nashville would be a ratings bonanza.  I've been there a couple times with the wife when UK has played. The city turns blue.  With our excitement over a bowl game and the way we're playing, it would be a great atmosphere.  Sponsors would love it.

Itd also be the 3rd in the last year that I had been there. 

Those bars will be very happy to see me come back 😂😂

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Not to mention it's been 15 years since we've played.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Unfortunately nope. One of the main reasons he was going to transfer back was to be closer to his grandfather who was sick at the time. He sadly passed away and Coy didn’t end up transferring. Can blame the ineptitude of Hazell for Cronk ending up in Bloomington in the first place. What a joke he truly was. 

Didn't realize that part of the story, definitely not making light something like that.  Thanks for the info Boiler.

I just found it hard to believe he was transferring at any point when he was one of the representatives at BIG media days, and was named a team captain. 

That doesn't sound like someone that was close to transferring to a rival school. 

24 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Didn't realize that part of the story, definitely not making light something like that.  Thanks for the info Boiler.

I just found it hard to believe he was transferring at any point when he was one of the representatives at BIG media days, and was named a team captain. 

That doesn't sound like someone that was close to transferring to a rival school. 

Oh yeah it was a unique situation all around for sure. No telling what would’ve happened but it’s all a moot point now. Heck of a kid/player and hope he has a quick and full recovery. Just wish he was about 3 years younger so Brohm would have the chance to recruit him haha. 

Archived