Western Illinois Postgame Thread

KDB

47 minutes ago, coachv said:

how can you do that if davis or brunk are on the floor? lol

Easy...you pair Davis or Brunk with Smith or Jackson-Davis and let those quicker guys do the hedging.  Davis and Brunk should probably just stay low....hedging is not their thing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IUaic said:

Is there a link to find these? Thanks.

Tony Adragna (Southport BBall coach?) has a You Tube channel where he posts these breakdowns. Just subscribe to his channel and you get email notifications when new ones come out.

23 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I think some folks are going to question your grade for De'Ron.  I would likely include myself in that group.  Mile said he's still nursing his hamstring, so that undoubtedly contributed to why some thought he looked slow.  You saw things differently and that's good, I guess.  Wonder what the coaching staff thought?

Questions and debate are more than welcome.  Not the first disagreement I have heard as it relates to De'Ron.  I am comparing to how he looked last season, which in my opinion was that he is moving better.  He's never going to be an elite athlete, we all know that, but I think he is moving around better.  I will watch him more closely on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Questions and debate are more than welcome.  Not the first disagreement I have heard as it relates to De'Ron.  I am comparing to how he looked last season, which in my opinion was that he is moving better.  He's never going to be an elite athlete, we all know that, but I think he is moving around better.  I will watch him more closely on Saturday.

And I really need to add that you do a great job with your reporting/writing.  I know that everyone here appreciates what you do.  And that includes me.  Thanks very much!!  😊

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think everyone here knows I am De'Ron's biggest fan. Having followed him since grade school. And still have pics of him and me while he was in high school. His mom is top notch.  And I was able to watch a re-run  of the Western Illinois game  on the BTN this morning.

You gave De'Ron a B ?  I can live with that.  If anything. It might have been too high, based on Tuesday's game. 

But that might be ok. Based on what Coach Miller said last year, about bringing De'Ron along too soon.  I think Coach is being more cautious this season, prior to conference play, and what seems to be De'Ron's proclivity towards conditioning and injury.  Still. I know and love De'Ron.  Oldest player on the team, by the way. 

And as jv said above.  Love all that you do. As well as bringing it to Hoosier Sports Nation. 

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Interesting, I thought he was moving worse Tuesday than he was towards the end of the season last year when he was playing really well (MSU games, etc).

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

On Davis.  He looked bad against Gannon.  He looked decent against W. Ill.  I hope he is shaking off rust, stays healthy, and gets mean come Dec-March.  Didn't he recently have a tweaked ankle, knee, or calf??? @milehiiu

Last I heard. Per Coach Miller. Prior to Hoosier Hysteria. It was a hamstring. 

56 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I thought Deron looked ok in his limited minutes. He pressured a WIU player into a airball?/badly missed shot by running out to cover him on the perimeter. Of the bigs, I was most concerned by Brunks hands. He had a number of fumbles.

I love the fact that De'Ron, when inside....is always looking outside for the open man. Excellent passer out of the box.  Saw that in the short time he was in the game.  Definitely a team player. 

59 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I thought Deron looked ok in his limited minutes. He pressured a WIU player into a airball?/badly missed shot by running out to cover him on the perimeter. Of the bigs, I was most concerned by Brunks hands. He had a number of fumbles.

When I think of IU big men and 'hands', this guy immediately comes to mind.

Image result for uwe blab indiana image

53 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Of course the star of the game and MVP of the season was Dip???t Dan. I am shocked his number 11 wasn't retired after that season.

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Did not know that about his son

Terrible. I remember hearing the story of Knight telling Uwe's wife to never let Uwe hold the baby unless it's over the crib because he will drop him for sure.

Archived