How do you prepare eggs? 35 unxepected ingredients to go with your eggs!

Drroogh

Have to say several ingredients I would not have thought of but many sound like a must try!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/tipsandtricks/unexpected-ingredients-that-go-great-with-eggs/ss-AAJl6iZ?ocid=spartandhp#image=27

By the way what is this Umami flavor they keep referring to? "It has been described as savory and is characteristic of broths and cooked meats"

• Drroogh changed the title to How do you prepare eggs? 35 unxepected ingredients to go with your eggs!
12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I do something similar to  Gordon Ramsay's perfect scrambled eggs 

I've read before that a dollop of sour cream will transform scrambled eggs, thanks for the link mile! 

By the way never paid much attention to Gordon before because 1 he is an a$$ to put it bluntly. However, having been to England a couple of times, have to say it is the worst food I have ever experienced in my world travels as it all seems SO bland! That being said, I may have to pay more attention to Gordon.

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

My old man used to scramble in pig brains with his eggs. Said it'd make me smart. I never tried it (obviously).

He was a depression era kid. Always told me you can eat everything on a pig but the squeal.

Also heard of calf brains & eggs as well.  Evansville is famous for the fried brain sandwich. 

Although having grown up in the vicinity of Evansville, trust me, eating brains does not make one smart.  :coffee:

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

A fall festival favorite. I never was brave enough but the brain sandwich trailer always had a long line. 

I thought you were putting us on.  So I had to google it.  And found it is a real thing.  Evansville, right ?  At least I found a video there.

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I thought you were putting us on.  So I had to google it.  And found it is a real thing.  Evansville, right ?  At least I found a video there.

Yeah, it's mostly an Evansville thing.

If I remember right it started out as a lunch for stockyard workers in the 1800's. They would send the good meat downriver and were left with the scraps. I guess the brain was the least offensive leftovers. 

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yeah, it's mostly an Evansville thing.

If I remember right it started out as a lunch for stockyard workers in the 1800's. They would send the good meat downriver and were left with the scraps. I guess the brain was the least offensive leftovers. 

Primarily Evansville, but you can find them intermittently between Evansville and St. Louis.  I'd doubt if anyone outside of that stretch of southern IL/IN has ever seen them. 

^^^ Never knew that about freshness of eggs. Thanks Drrough. Still.... think if the egg is in the fridge... I will cook it anyway. Regardless of how long it has been in there.  Don't think I will be floating any eggs before scrambling.  Yet... I do appreciate the contribution.  Hardly a day goes by that I don't learn something new on HSN. 

Family favorite, Breakfast Rolls! 

Quite simple actually, brown up some Jimmy Dean original sausage, drain, add in eggs to scramble (although I will have to try cooking the Gordon Ramsey style on the side next time 🙂) just before complete melt in some cheese of your choice (I prefer Cheddar, but others simply add Velveeta) When done spoon into tortilla's, fold burrito style and enjoy! 😋

You may garnish as you please, like adding Hot Sauce, or any of the 35 listed ingredients in the thread opening!😀

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

They are tricky and I dont them often.  

I will eat eggs any way but my favorite is to warm up diced ham, add eggs and scramble, then shredded cheddar mix and let melt. 

Classic combination right there.

Hash browns and a gallon and a half of coffee and youve got breakfast

Archived