Chase Young tOSU

rico

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am sure there is a lot more to this story

Perhaps, but as I said it supposedly was last year.  Regardless of right or wrong on the kid's part, wth exactly has the NCAA been doing?  Geez, 11 months later and all of the sudden a red flag pops up?  Paper work piling up?  

That's pretty tough for a team trying to win the national championship.  There is a pesky thing called consequences.  People often don't like that concept.

Either way, the thing that's an unknown is how Justin Fields will perform in a tough situation.  It is one thing to have much more talent, with wide open windows to throw and vast open running lanes, especially in favorable down and distance situations.  We've never seen him having to deal with high stress situations.  Back him up with a third and eight in a tight situation against Nick Saban's defensive mind in the 4th quarter of a very tight game, and that's a concept where he's never had to prove himself.  I've seen nothing that tells me he can handle that.  It does not matter if he's hung 65 on Coastal Carolina.

Penix will have to work on his durability, but he's shown the ability to produce under duress with his arm, in the pocket in a tight game in tough situations.

Ohio State is a good team but I'd be interested in IU vs OSU with the opposite situation.  Fields is out and Penix plays.  That's not the same game we saw.  If see that stiff they have at backup QB, there may be a problem.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Perhaps, but as I said it supposedly was last year.  Regardless of right or wrong on the kid's part, wth exactly has the NCAA been doing?  Geez, 11 months later and all of the sudden a red flag pops up?  Paper work piling up?  

Feels like Ohio State probably self-reported it (because for some reason someone there just found out). 

Archived