James Wiseman

At this point I'm just hoping that IU has fired everyone all the way up to the board of directors that felt self reporting phone calls was a good idea!

It's kind of like hiring a lawyer, do you want the one with a nice family portrait on their desk, or do you want the on with a noose hanging on the wall? Who is going to protect YOU the best?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Memphis.  Shady Southern Judge.  Crooked deals.  Inept NCAA as the governing body.  Surely there are some sweaty middlemen.  

John Grisham is probably already 80% done with the outline for his manuscript.  

If only that movie would come out! But I'm sure the UK, NC and other organizations would come up with law suites to stop production! 

My problem with all of this is, why is Penny allowed to coach but the kid is ineligible? Why did Bill Self get to coach last season while DeSouza was ineligible? Why is Chase Young for OSU suspended, but Ryan Day gets to coach?

Until the NCAA starts doing something to the coaches instead of the kids, then nothing will change. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

My problem with all of this is, why is Penny allowed to coach but the kid is ineligible? Why did Bill Self get to coach last season while DeSouza was ineligible? Why is Chase Young for OSU suspended, but Ryan Day gets to coach?

Until the NCAA starts doing something to the coaches instead of the kids, then nothing will change. 

Absolutely. It's especially galling in this case that Hardaway was directly responsible for the infraction. Where is his penalty?

12 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Memphis.  Shady Southern Judge.  Crooked deals.  Inept NCAA as the governing body.  Surely there are some sweaty middlemen.  

John Grisham is probably already 80% done with the outline for his manuscript.  

"Sweaty Middlemen"....sounds like the name of college band with a raging horn section. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. They had enough time this afternoon to go over to court and file. Married to one...can't tell you the number of times attorneys rush to court on Friday afternoon to get something put on hold. 

Either way. The cloud of suspicion is now on Memphis. That's all we need on the recruiting front. 

that's not a cloud of suspicion, it's a rain cloud of money. it will only attract more big time recruits

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

What are the odds, if this all true, that Penny is fired and Memphis players all want to transfer?.....

will never happen. wow. a lot of folks here are living in the past. with states climbing all over themselves to be near the front of the line to pass the next fair play legislation, the ncaa effectively threw in the towel by acquiescing. the spigots are opening and the money is starting to flow. and brother, how it will flow. by the time the ncaa could fight through the maze of lawyers hired by schools jumping the gun by a year or two, the money now being paid "under the table", will be within the rules. the payment source will just change. that, and the dollars by no small amount. players will have agents, contracts will be negotiated, and the very reason many of us prefer college sports to pro, will cease to exist. 

5 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Yes I know but it's going against the NCAA's ruling.    To me it's a slap in the face to the Ncaa.  I mean why bother having any rules?  That judge has no business putting out the hold.  

Wiseman already played a game so I suppose the NCAA could already rule that they knowingly played him and rule the season null.  Knowing the NCAA though probably nothing will happen. Smh

Go Hoosiers!!!

memphis will win. the ncaa's authority has always been tenuous, only viable as long as the member institutions all agreed to play along. once a a school decided to lawyer up (looking at you north carolina), the house of cards began to tumble

I can see this whole trend going a couple of directions.

One the NCAA realizes it's WW3 and they are doomed to destruction and their only option is to launch a preemptive strike and call "The Death Penalty on Memphis!"

Two, we say the H... with STUDENT athletes, and just put school uniforms on G league teams!

Either way I am disgusted!

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yep. Jay Bilas has been all over this. Coaches get due process players don't. I'm not sure what the answer is but it seems policy should be universal. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Jay Bilas has been all over this. Coaches get due process players don't. I'm not sure what the answer is but it seems policy should be universal. 

Until coaches, conferences and universities pay the price, as opposed to players, nothing will change.

Its also pretty crazy how many people seem to see no problem with what has happened with Wiseman and Chase Young. I’m all for a kid and families getting assistance if/when they need it, but it’s not right for boosters, coaches and universities to be essentially buying players. Problem is, right now the kid/family get penalized, not the coach and university. 

Archived