James Wiseman

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If you're close enough, I'll buy the drinks.  I detest Will Wade almost more than John Calipari.

In some perverse way, even though I wouldn't pee on his head if his hair was on fire, a small part of me admires Teflon John. Getting away with that much doesn't happen by accident. Dude is as calculating as they come.

Wade is a cheap knockoff.

And as it turns out, Penny is an amateur by comparison.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Leave it to the NCAA to suspend the highest profile players in college football AND college basketball within two weeks of voting to allow them to get paid.  Who even cares anymore?  Let the kid play.

Even the California law doesn't allow moving expenses!

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

In some perverse way, even though I wouldn't pee on his head if his hair was on fire, a small part of me admires Teflon John. Getting away with that much doesn't happen by accident. Dude is as calculating as they come.

Wade is a cheap knockoff.

And as it turns out, Penny is an amateur by comparison.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I don't like Calipari at all and I hate how he's made a mockery of the student-athlete concept, but I despise Wade probably because he's not even creative...just copies what other cheaters have done.  He's not good at cheating, as evidenced by what has come out about his "offers".  He's an unapologetic liar telling the Watfords that there was nothing to worry about, and he cheated to ascend the coaching ranks much faster than many coaches who have paid their dues.  There are so many things that make Will Wade a detestable human being in my mind.

Penny has a chance to climb that ladder as well...sounds like he's simply bought his talent to make him look like he could coach.  Will be interesting to see how he does if he has to compete fairly for talent, because talent can cover up weak coaching...at least for awhile.

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Ncaa has ruled him ineligible...says Penny Hardaway paid to help his family move to Memphis while James was in High school...i think IU also recruited him at one time..potential #1 pick in '20 

So, what you're saying is that we will have no updates for him in the former recruit stat thread.  :coffee:

49 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

You would even more if your in laws were LSU folk who couldn’t name a player on the roster until last season and then wanted to talk non stop about how great LSU basketball was. 

I have found divorce to be an effective way to rid my life of annoying in laws.

I don't know if any of you remember Brooks Hansen. He was a contributor to Hoosier Nation on the old Scout platform, and moved with us to HSN 1.0, before leaving to run Memphis Roar. A really good guy.  Anyway Brooks reported that both Hardaway and Wiseman appeared in court together today.  Brooks did not say if they said anything. Just that they both were in court together today.

10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

No, the court held the order. They're clear for now. Even then, it'd only be games he participated in.

Yes I know but it's going against the NCAA's ruling.    To me it's a slap in the face to the Ncaa.  I mean why bother having any rules?  That judge has no business putting out the hold.  

Wiseman already played a game so I suppose the NCAA could already rule that they knowingly played him and rule the season null.  Knowing the NCAA though probably nothing will happen. Smh

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived