West Palm Beach, FL

Indianapolis

Farmington Hills, MI 

Bloomington

Oklahoma City 

Denver, CO

Aurora, CO 

Arvada, CO 

Favorite: I had traveled to 48 states when I got to Colorado in the fall of 1991. I have now been to all 50 states and 16 countries (at least) and I still don’t see any reason to live anywhere else. 

I am a mountain guy, so I would take a large cabin on a lake in the mountains, kinda close to an airport so I could fly anywhere.

Terre Haute, In

Martinsville, In (home. I'm an Artesian forever)

Franklin, In (lived there around the same time you did, jefftheref...75—80)

San Antonio, Tx

Biloxi, Ms

Scott AFB, Il

Shiloh, Il

Sondrestrom AB, Greenland

Eglin AFB, Fl

Blue Water Bay, Fl

Somers Point, NJ

Brigantine, NJ

Naperville, Il

Aurora, Il

Montgomery, Il

Splendora, Tx

Prefer lots of land and enough room where I have to yell to say "hi" to my neighbors

6 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Thanks  again Jeff for the thread, think I’m going to expand the conversation a little more. 
Which are you woods, water, field, mountain, grass or pavement! (favorite surroundings)
Second question what would be your ideal combination? (Think in terms if you could live anywhere, where would it be)

Going to try and answer my own question.   My favorite place in the world that I know, is the family cabin near Hayward WI! It is woods and water! The most peaceful place in the world that I know!

That being said for retirement, I have my eye on a house just 5 miles away on a bigger lake! Mostly because I would be overjoyed, hosting  an HSN fishing tournament!!! Love you all!

17 hours ago, SteveS said:

West Palm Beach, FL

Indianapolis

Farmington Hills, MI 

Bloomington

Oklahoma City 

Denver, CO

Aurora, CO 

Arvada, CO 

Favorite: I had traveled to 48 states when I got to Colorado in the fall of 1991. I have now been to all 50 states and 16 countries (at least) and I still don’t see any reason to live anywhere else. 

I am a mountain guy, so I would take a large cabin on a lake in the mountains, kinda close to an airport so I could fly anywhere.

My neighbors have split time between Indy and Sanibel for the last 10 years or so. They just sold their place in Sanibel for a huge place near Missoula, Montana at about 1/3 of the cost. Right on a lake and mountains.....said they can't believe it took them this long. Might never see them again because they love the mountains so much.

14 hours ago, rd726 said:

Denison, TX

Mexico Beach, FL

Rome, NY

Panama City, FL

Howe, IN

Howe IN/Winona Lake, IN (college)

Aurora, CO

LaGrange, IN

Howe, IN

Rochester, IN

I had forgotten you went to Grace.  Me and the GF ate at The Boathouse Friday night.

22 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Thanks  again Jeff for the thread, think I’m going to expand the conversation a little more. 
Which are you woods, water, field, mountain, grass or pavement! (favorite surroundings)
Second question what would be your ideal combination? (Think in terms if you could live anywhere, where would it be)

Woods, water and mountains.

My ideal combination would be mountains with water. Nice lakes stocked with fish.

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Okay so I was going to post a link to a list of best and worst states to live but when I saw New Jersey as number 3 I decided against it. Mile would have been proud that Colorado was number two though!

Shhh.  Don't share that with others.  First it was Texans moving to Colorado.  Now.... we are getting Californicated. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Shhh.  Don't share that with others.  First it was Texans moving to Colorado.  Now.... we are getting Californicated. 

Worst thing about Californicating, (can't wait for the commentary on that word) the idiots bring with them what they are running from!

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I can also relate to the Texans, about 40 years ago I arrived in Aspen for some late winter skiing. The local DJ's were saying that some Texans had bought the mountain just south of Aspen and their plan was to tear it down so they could see Texas while they were skiing!! Of course it was April 1st!

Archived