PS Post-Game Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What stood out to you? 

A few for me 

TJD with a strong double double - upside is big time 

Race with a very good game, 1 board shy

Hunter showing his promise - picture him and a healthy Green out there — outside shooting and serious perimeter D 

Al — underrated, the kid’s game is really growing 

Smith, really thriving in his new approach and role — not a perimeter shooter but can score very effectively in this system 

thought we took too long to balance the scoring from the perimeter, and D was loose in first half but both tightened up in 2d

Rob - contributed very well on D and through assists when his shot wasn’t falling 

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Owned the glass, but can't shoot 3-14 from 3 while allowing 8-16. That'll get you beat by good teams.

Lousy 3pt shooting and poor D against same has been a recurrent lament since CAM took over.  This is a big concern for me going forward.  Hoping this would get corrected over time.  Now in 3rd yr.  This has to ba corrected if we expect to get back to "Blue Blood" status.  Good teams just pack the paint  and game over for us.  I do like the improvement in FTA and FT made thus far.  We are a work in progress.  Hopefully this gets corrected with DG return, JH, RP, and AD staying healthy and continuing to develop.

This game should have been a blowout. Not sure what Archie's offensive (or even defensive) plan is, if any. His entire career at IU so far has been...clunky, at best. I want to believe in this dude, but I'm not sold. This was a *home* game against a bottom feeding creampuff with way less talent. I'm glad for the win, but I'm not seeing what I'm expecting to see in year 3. 

1 minute ago, BEKA said:

This game should have been a blowout. Not sure what Archie's offensive (or even defensive) plan is, if any. His entire career at IU so far has been...clunky, at best. I want to believe in this dude, but I'm not sold. This was a *home* game against a bottom feeding creampuff with way less talent. I'm glad for the win, but I'm not seeing what I'm expecting to see in year 3. 

Well there was a ton of injuries last year......  Remember?

Archived