Injuries

OLDIUFAN

What is the status on all our injuries. Hunter and Phinisee are playing so hopefully they are getting closer to being full strength. Any word on Green! I know a severe hamstring injury can take awhile to heal properly. With him being a senior I am sure he is biting nails to get out there on the floor. 

Archie has shown he tends to keep injury information close to the vest.

Reading between the lines, Rob seems to be slowly working his way back to full strength. Playing more than he is even practicing. My senses are a couple weeks before he seems 100%.

Devonte is not practicing full contact, he is just going through some of the non contact drills. Again, just a total guess, but seemingly a week or two away from seeing the court, and then (based on Archie's tendencies) easing back into a full work/play load, slowly.

In reality, I have no idea. This is me playing nostradamus. 

56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for bringing the article, mile.

I guess the issue I would take is that for him to be out “longer than expected,” there would need to be a contextual expectation. I don’t recall ever hearing a time frame from someone speaking in an official capacity. 

Things sounded dire about Phinisee prior to our exhibition game and he’s looking closer to full speed than I think most of us would have suspected.

If anything, I think I like the way Archie holds the cards in regards to player health.

13 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Thanks for bringing the article, mile.

I guess the issue I would take is that for him to be out “longer than expected,” there would need to be a contextual expectation. I don’t recall ever hearing a time frame from someone speaking in an official capacity. 

Things sounded dire about Phinisee prior to our exhibition game and he’s looking closer to full speed than I think most of us would have suspected.

If anything, I think I like the way Archie holds the cards in regards to player health.

Though I have said it before.  I believe it bears repeating.  Archie publicly admitted that he brought De'Ron Davis back too soon last season.  And I think that has a bearing on some of this season's injuries.  Not to make the same mistake again.

I feel there is a difference between being cleared by a doctor, and not being ready to play.  Just my humble opinion on things. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Though I have said it before.  I believe it bears repeating.  Archie publicly admitted that he brought De'Ron Davis back too soon last season.  And I think that has a bearing on some of this season's injuries.  Not to make the same mistake again.

I feel there is a difference between being cleared by a doctor, and not being ready to play.  Just my humble opinion on things. 

I couldn’t agree more. And, much to the dismay of the casual and hard core fan alike, speeding players back from concussions (Phinisee, last year) is dangerous and not in the best interest of anyone.

4 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Archie has shown he tends to keep injury information close to the vest.

Reading between the lines, Rob seems to be slowly working his way back to full strength. Playing more than he is even practicing. My senses are a couple weeks before he seems 100%.

Devonte is not practicing full contact, he is just going through some of the non contact drills. Again, just a total guess, but seemingly a week or two away from seeing the court, and then (based on Archie's tendencies) easing back into a full work/play load, slowly.

In reality, I have no idea. This is me playing nostradamus. 

I feel bad for Nostradamus

😁

Archived