IU vs North Alabama Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

On 11/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, 5fouls said:

Our schedule to start the season is too weak.

North Alabama is only in its second year at the D-1 level. A game like this, against a D-1 newcomer who isn't in your conference's recruiting footprint, is the type of game you get when your coach/AD are feeling the heat and are scoping out the entire country to schedule easy wins.

34 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

North Alabama is only in its second year at the D-1 level. A game like this, against a D-1 newcomer who isn't in your conference's recruiting footprint, is the type of game you get when your coach/AD are feeling the heat and are scoping out the entire country to schedule easy wins.

Interesting comment...and maybe spot on?

38 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I totally agree! I am a IU basketball fan forever ,but this type of game is way beneath us! 

22 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Oh please...you've got selective memory if you don't think Knight scheduled cupcakes.

RPI ratings N Ala 245, Portland 216 Troy 316. These are some of the cupcakeiest if that’s even a word ! 😂 your right knight played his share of cupcakes early ,but he still mixed in some games to find out who we are. Go Hoosiers

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

RPI ratings N Ala 245, Portland 216 Troy 316. These are some of the cupcakeiest if that’s even a word ! 😂 your right knight played his share of cupcakes early ,but he still mixed in some games to find out who we are. Go Hoosiers

CTC would have 3 of the last 10.  Mid and low 200s are acceptable to start with.  It's always interesting to see where everyone lands come Jan and Feb  

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You realize that before last night, U of E was in the 160's?  It's not like Portland at 216 is that much different.  The rankings are educated guesses at this point and like Knight, Miller will have some very challenging games (see Florida State) in the non-con schedule.  I think we are splitting hairs here and I just don't see the problem.  IU has proven nothing in the past three years that would justify a difficult non-con schedule.

How about we see IU win some before we line up murderer's row for them?

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You realize that before last night, U of E was in the 160's?  It's not like Portland at 216 is that much different.  The rankings are educated guesses at this point and like Knight, Miller will have some very challenging games (see Florida State) in the non-con schedule.  I think we are splitting hairs here and I just don't see the problem.  IU has proven nothing in the past three years that would justify a difficult non-con schedule.

How about we see IU win some before we line up murderer's row for them?

I'm honestly fine with our non conference schedule.  I just wish our tougher games were spread out more evenly.  It's 7 total cupcakes followed by the gauntlet.  I'd like to see a ND and UCONN or Arkansas in November.  If we lose a couple in a row in December things could spiral out of control.

Archived