Happy Veteran's Day

rico

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Lol. No, but close! 

Believe me when I say, ALL veterans sincerely appreciate the support of the American people. Thank you!

Off to Texas Roadhouse for a freebie!

Enjoy.  I would like to reiterate..... It is awfully nice to see Vets get the recognition they justly deserve.  Wasn't that way during Viet Nam for me and my brothers.

Also... it's great to see businesses recognize vets. Besides free meals on 11/11.  There are a whole host of businesses that, now recognize Vets for their service.  Two, that I use... Home Depot, and Verizon offer me and other vets, special discounts, the entire year.

To all the men and women who serve and have served. We thank you! We thank you for fighting for and maintaining our freedom so little twerps like myself can sit comfortably in a chair and chat IU sports and other meaningless life stuff on a message board. Wish there was a bigger way to thanks besides a post but thank you. 

My favorite uncle served 3 tours of duty in Viet Nam. While doing so, he received not 1, not 2, but 3 purple hearts. Sadly, he passed away earlier this year. I am very proud of this ex Marine.

Thanks to all vets for your service to our country.!!!!

On a side note, right across the Ohio river, a vet from Owensboro Ky. will receive a new home.....

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/owensboro-veteran-gets-new-home/

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Enjoy.  I would like to reiterate..... It is awfully nice to see Vets get the recognition they justly deserve.  Wasn't that way during Viet Nam for me and my brothers.

Also... it's great to see businesses recognize vets. Besides free meals on 11/11.  There are a whole host of businesses that, now recognize Vets for their service.  Two, that I use... Home Depot, and Verizon offer me and other vets, special discounts, the entire year.

Salute to you and all of the other Vietnam era Vets. You're right, some people should be ashamed of the way they treated Vietnam era veterans.

I think there is still a (small) sect of the American public that loathes our people in uniform, but they've learned the overwhelming majority of Americans love and support those in uniform, so they stay quiet.

By the way, Texas Roadhouse was filled with Vets. Anyone that was identifiable as a Vet (hat or shirt) as I walked by, I stopped and thanked them for their service. Saw a lot of smiles...

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Salute to you and all of the other Vietnam era Vets. You're right, some people should be ashamed of the way they treated Vietnam era veterans.

I think there is still a (small) sect of the American public that loathes our people in uniform, but they've learned the overwhelming majority of Americans love and support those in uniform, so they stay quiet.

Thank you. And thank you for your service. 

You are right about myself and my brothers during the Viet Nam conflict.  In order to fly military on commercial flights, we were required to wear our uniforms.  Oh, I have got stories about that.  But will keep them to myself.  Other than to say we were targets.  And we got targeted.

I'm not sure If happy veterans day is the right salutation but i have nothing but admiration for those who served. Have personally known Grandpas who are Korean and Vietnam war veterans, my wife has a grandpa who served in the navy in the Pacific during WW2 and an uncle who didn't make it back from Vietnam.  

We thank you all.  

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm not sure If happy veterans day is the right salutation but i have nothing but admiration for those who served. Have personally known Grandpas who are Korean and Vietnam war veterans, my wife has a grandpa who served in the navy in the Pacific during WW2 and an uncle who didn't make it back from Vietnam.  

We thank you all.  

I am not sure it is the proper salutation myself but I do come from a military family.  And I would like to point out something that is confusing to most.  Veteran's Day is for those who have served or serving and are still with us.  Memorial Day is for those who served who are no longer with us.

My dad served a tour in Vietnam, USAF. Had two grandfathers in WW2, although neither were deployed internationally. One was stationed at the training station at Navy Pier in Chicago (the only time it was used by the Navy, ironically), and one in the Army who enlisted but only 6 months before the end. My stepmom's dad (still kicking at 92) was a paratrooper that made two combat jumps: D-day, Utah Beach and Holland.

My thanks to all who took the sacrifice and risk in defense of this great nation. 🇺🇸

Archived