Alante Brown

KDB

41 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

This kid looks crazy Athletic and him, David Ellis, and Rashawn Williams in a couple years could be a match up nightmare

He was a Top247 guy last year before going to prep school.  He would be an awesome pick up.

I've been saying it for the last year, but I'm really interested to see Da'shaun Brown too.  He's super athletic, but got enrolled really late and was way behind this fall.  He was also a QB in high school but will be a WR here, so it is taking him some time to get used to playing WR.  He's been a scout team player of the week at least twice from what I can find.  I've read a couple things that the staff is high on him for the future.

I'd love to add another big time athlete like Alante Brown.

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

He was a Top247 guy last year before going to prep school.  He would be an awesome pick up.

I've been saying it for the last year, but I'm really interested to see Da'shaun Brown too.  He's super athletic, but got enrolled really late and was way behind this fall.  He was also a QB in high school but will be a WR here, so it is taking him some time to get used to playing WR.  He's been a scout team player of the week at least twice from what I can find.  I've read a couple things that the staff is high on him for the future.

I'd love to add another big time athlete like Alante Brown.

Said the same thing on Brown.. he kind of pops out on film. Like I get it it's a highlight film.. but his was really good and he's 6'2 180 now... he'll be 6'2 190-195 next year. 

This was talking about Da'Shaun.. lol

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Said the same thing on Brown.. he kind of pops out on film. Like I get it it's a highlight film.. but his was really good and he's 6'2 180 now... he'll be 6'2 190-195 next year. 

This was talking about Da'Shaun.. lol

I did the same thing for my post.  I had to go back and add first names too lol.  It is almost as bad as all the Williams we have.

Some places had Da'Shaun as the #1 overall recruit in Wisconsin.

Alante has that same athletic look to him.  He was also a QB for his Simeon team before he went to prep school.  They were the #1 seed in the 2nd biggest division in Illinois, but lost in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Announcing that he will be signing December 20th immediately after visiting Nebraska makes me think he will be playing his college ball in Lincoln. 

I was that he was visiting during the middle of next week, so he'll visit Virginia Tech after that.  Heard it was the 11th thru the 13th, so Va Tech right after that.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/recruiting/recruiting-prep-school-receiver-alante-brown-nabs-offer-sets-visit/article_33af64e1-313a-5033-8842-add6c8a070ee.html

9 minutes ago, KDB said:

I would take it with a grain of salt.  He doesn't announce until the 20th I think.   He is on his offical at Maryland this weekend. 

Not saying he won't end up there, but that place is a black hole right now.   Locksley is a terrible HC and probably won't be there long.

27 minutes ago, KDB said:

Story from Allen Trieu with Alante talking about his finalists: https://247sports.com/Article/WR-Alante-Brown-talks-about-his-finalists-140647286/

Here's the politically correct statements he really wanted to make about the other schools.

Ole Miss

Coach Kiffin is great.  I'm really looking to go somewhere to play for an average coach who, based on his track record, won't be there by the time I graduate.  And, what a family guy.  Even though he supposedly cheated on his wife with Nick Saban's daughter, he kept telling me how important family was to him.  He almost broke himself in the divorce so he could provide for his ex-wife.  So nice of him.

Nebraska

I love Coach Frost.  I'm from Chicago, so I won't be wearing a hoodie in warmups when we play at Minnesota.  I think I'd fit right in with the culture he is trying to teach, even though it seems to change daily.  When he talks about other teams and gives them bulletin board material, I think he is just trying to keep his team from over looking the opponent.  He told me it is like he is playing 4-dimensional chess.

Maryland

Coach Locksley is in a league of his own.  At New Mexico, he had a record of 2-26 and countless off field incidents, yet he was able to convince Maryland to hire him.  What a smooth talker.

Michigan State

There isn't a bigger family guy than Coach Dantonio.  He treats everyone like a family, and will help cover up for any off field incidents just like his players were actually part of his family.  Not worried that he might retire or get fired in the next year.  Who the hell else would want to coach in that state?

Indiana

Coach Allen is legit.

Archived