Kentucky upset

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everybody so excited about this?  It's not like Kentucky was #1 or Evansville was picked 8th in their conference preseason or anything.  It was on a neutral floor, too. 

I saw E-ville guys jumping around and I thought it was because they heard I-69 was finished.  

Gardner-Webb called.  They want their fame back.

/etc.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Getting word that Kentucky is burning all bridges going across the Ohio River into Indiana...

"Who needs to swim across in the shade anyway," the governor said.

That'd be a sight. A bunch of hilljacks with lighter fluid and matches trying to burn a bridge. Conveniently forgetting that the bridge is made of structural steel.

56 minutes ago, morganmonroe said:

Why is everybody so excited about this?  It's not like Kentucky was #1 or Evansville was picked 8th in their conference preseason or anything.  It was on a neutral floor, too. 

I saw E-ville guys jumping around and I thought it was because they heard I-69 was finished.  

Gardner-Webb called.  They want their fame back.

/etc.

Great to see you, MM.  And I also see you have not lost any of your great humor. 

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ask, and ye shall receive...even wearing a hat with the reservoir tip!

This guy is literally every neighbor I have. All talk and look just like him lol. I know people think it’s bad we have a UK thread but UK always has like 3 Duke threads going...it is just how college basketball is. Hopefully this helps Walter get Evansville back on the map. I think basketball is better when all the Indiana teams are playing well so I am thrilled.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

One more on UK....just stole this from twitter. So true and very good about UK fans.

Feel terrible for Kentucky fans. The Cowboys lost this week. Bama lost to LSU. Steph Curry got hurt. Now UK hoops team loses to Evansville. All after the Yankees fell short in the ALCS

This is so so so so true!! Omg I’ve never put it all together in the same post but living here it’s so accurate it’s insane!

3 minutes ago, cybergates said:

From the 1st post...

We just need to run with teams like this and not let them set the paste of the game.

the simpsons eating GIF

That thread is gold. 

" Must be, too worried about the books and not about basketball. Must be looking for a board where everyone has PhD, go to Harvards board."

12 hours ago, hoosiermd said:

As an Evansville native who grew up watching Scotty Haffner & Marty Simmons, SO HAPPY for this team. My wife went to high school with Walter too! Great win for the Purple Aces and a great win for the city of Evansville. I don't think UE has ever beaten the #1 team in the nation & I'm pretty sure they've beaten the #1 team on the road! 

They’ve never beaten any ranked team on the road. I believe they’re the fourth team ever to get their first win against a number one team. 

Walter McCarty was interviewed this morning on NBA Radio. Great interview.

Asked about his thoughts on the pre-season prediction Evansville would finish no better than 8th in their conf, he answered those predictions were based on last year's team, a completely different team, they had no knowledge of this year's team. 

Hmm, sound familiar?

He also talked about how the guys on this team are great guys who really like each other, the chemistry. ----- Check

McCarty is a class act all the way around, very gracious, went back home to Evansville from the NBA, he's all about his home town and growing the program right. Really nice to see.

Archived