North Alabama Postgame Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

- Love Race Thompson. Not sure what his role ultimately ends up being, but that guy is just a winner and a player. He's always around the ball, always hustling, etc. I'd love to see him gain some confidence offensively, not really sure what he can provide on that end besides offensive rebounding, but it's going to be difficult to keep him off the court.

- Was so happy seeing Hunter knock those shots down. Wow, if this kid shakes the rust completely off, look out.

I'm not saying Race is AJ Moye....but I see signs of AJ. Doesn't care if he's coming in off the bench. Makes his run count. Rebounds, makes the easy bucket. Will be fun to follow but like most Hoosier fans we like to think in terms of players in the past. Obviously different size guys,etc....but impact when coming in is who he reminds me of so far. Perhaps the very, very early Will too. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not saying Race is AJ Moye....but I see signs of AJ. Doesn't care if he's coming in off the bench. Makes his run count. Rebounds, makes the easy bucket. Will be fun to follow but like most Hoosier fans we like to think in terms of players in the past. Obviously different size guys,etc....but impact when coming in is who he reminds me of so far. Perhaps the very, very early Will too. 

Dude has some mojo

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Going way back, I see a lot of Tom Abernathy in him. Tom could play, but was happy contributing any way he could. He was probably a bit better pure scorer than Race, but I see a lot of parallels to their games.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I realize this early in the season that stats can be misleading, but how on earth does IU have the 2nd toughest SOS in the Big Ten at this point and time?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/big-ten/2020.html

That is messed up.  Every other site I've seen has us ahead of Penn St. and that's it.  On top of that we're not even in the Top 300.   And with more cupcakes on the way that won't change.  Arkansas is our only non-con opponent that's undefeated.

I really hope we are no where near the bubble come March.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Me too...even more excited to see Damezi showing the stroke he's always showed in warm-ups.  Just so nice to see kids who've faced some adversity really gear up and start playing like we knew they could.

Spot on. I was also a little surprised at the couple of assists Damezi had. I always kinda figured him as a "gunner." A guy who wanted to shoot every time he got the ball (and, no, that's not a criticism, just an observation) and not much of a passer. 

His alley-oop to TJD was Sportscenter Top 10 stuff. 

Kinda shows me his mentality is changing...Just win.

Archived