Indiana vs Troy Pre-game Thread

milehiiu

Our undefeated Hoosiers host a second straight team from Alabama

When : Saturday, November 16, 8p.m. ET

Where : The beautifully refurbished Assembly Hall

TV : BTN

Radio The Indiana University Radio Network

Troy University.  A non directional school is located in Troy Alabama.  And is located at the opposite end of the state from our last Alabama opponent.

Troy is a member of the Sun Belt Conference.  And is currently looking for their first win of the season, losing their first two outings.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlike our last opponent from Alabama,  who have two live lions as mascots. (Really cool, by the way)

And I get why a school named Troy might want a mascot, named Trojan. Originally the nick name was the Red Wave. But in the 1970's the students voted to change the name and mascot to..... Trojans !

My only question is.  Why ?  LOL

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Unlike our last opponent from Alabama,  who have two live lions as mascots. (Really cool, by the way)

And I get why a school named Troy might want a mascot, named Trojan. Originally the nick name was the Red Wave. But in the 1970's the students voted to change the name and mascot to..... Trojans !

My only question is.  Why ?  LOL

Probably didn't want to be associated with the Crimson Tide!

Driving up to the game from SC for the first time in 30+ years. Assembly Hall was new the first time I went there as a student, and I went back after graduating one time about 10 years later.

Want to really see the refurb of the Hall, and see the Hoosiers live. Should be a blast!

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just found out that my sister, who's part-time faculty at the dental school, has season tickets this year and is going to let dad & I use them for some games this year...

How awesome is that?!!

Very awesome.  Especially knowing faculty has some pretty good seating.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Driving up to the game from SC for the first time in 30+ years. Assembly Hall was new the first time I went there as a student, and I went back after graduating one time about 10 years later.

Want to really see the refurb of the Hall, and see the Hoosiers live. Should be a blast!

Assembly Hall was being built when I was a student.  I have been in the sacred hall.  But not for a game.  It was during the summer.  Be safe driving. Enjoy the time in the "New" AH. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Assembly Hall was being built when I was a student.  I have been in the sacred hall.  But not for a game.  It was during the summer.  Be safe driving. Enjoy the time in the "New" AH. 

Can’t believe you have not seen a game in the Hall. Need to put it on your bucket list and make it happen.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Very awesome.  Especially knowing faculty has some pretty good seating.

...and wouldn't you know...I could have had Saturday's tickets, but we are headed to Indy to visit the daughter who is in dental school.  As usual, my timing is impeccable. 🙁

Two tickets and free parking.  She says the seats are just OK...main level but kind of in the corner.

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

... She says the seats are just OK...main level but kind of in the corner.

Yeah, but...but you're there !!

Lived in MN for 10 years. Don't EVER accept tickets to a Gopher game, even if they pay you!  You'll have to look around and thru steel I-Beams every 30 feet. Worst venue I've ever seen live, or on TV. Notice that the TV never scans the crowd @ MN? That's why.

13 hours ago, DWB said:

Safe travels and enjoy your time in Bloomington! Some of the core will always be around in Bloomington but will be curious what you think of not only Assembly Hall but the town in general after being away. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the property development and honestly how expensive the rents are now for places. I mean I know IU is a money school but geez. 

Enjoy your trip!

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and wouldn't you know...I could have had Saturday's tickets, but we are headed to Indy to visit the daughter who is in dental school.  As usual, my timing is impeccable. 🙁

Two tickets and free parking.  She says the seats are just OK...main level but kind of in the corner.

If memory serves correctly most of the faculty gets Section A or B. Hopefully you get to use them again. 

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

My only question is.  Why ?  

Didnt need reminding of having 4 periods... per game...!!!?

Archived