Indiana vs Troy Pre-game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

This doesn't mean anything, but.

My sister and her family live in Troy, and my niece is a student there. I really like that small town. Anyone from Indiana that has drove to Destin FL has probably driven right through Troy. Go Hoosiers!!

So, my family made that drive one Spring vacation. Stopped in Troy for the night. Went to the local McDonalds for breakfast. Inside the restaurant was a bug zapper. Along the ledge by the windows were the results of said zapping. The most disgusting experience ever.

The hotel we stayed at also had major issues.

Maybe Troy has upped their game in the last 10 years or so, but we certainly didn’t enjoy our stay 

2 hours ago, JEFFVETTE said:

My sister and her family live in Troy, and my niece is a student there. I really like that small town. Anyone from Indiana that has drove to Destin FL has probably driven right through Troy. Go Hoosiers!!

It never ceases to amaze me the connections our members have across this great nation of ours.  Have been in Alabama. However I can not recall if I have ever traveled through Troy.  But there is a good chance that I have. And just don't recall.

Thanks for your post.  I think it's great.

Best Places to Live in Troy, Alabama

4 hours ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I have going to Panama City Beach

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

It never ceases to amaze me the connections our members have across this great nation of ours.  Have been in Alabama. However I can not recall if I have ever traveled through Troy.  But there is a good chance that I have. And just don't recall.

Thanks for your post.  I think it's great.

Best Places to Live in Troy, Alabama

Well once you get off of I-65 in Montgomery you go south towards Florida and it is about an hour south

1 hour ago, btownmd said:

Has there been any word on Green for this one?

Based on what coach said last week. Green has been moved to non contact work. But has not been putting in practice time.  Unless something drastic has changed since then, I doubt we will see Devonte tonight. 

Considering our competition. Not to slight them. I think we can get along without Devonte for perhaps the next several games, if not for the entire month of November.  Still understanding how you, I.  and everyone else is anxious to see him in action again.

18 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, my family made that drive one Spring vacation. Stopped in Troy for the night. Went to the local McDonalds for breakfast. Inside the restaurant was a bug zapper. Along the ledge by the windows were the results of said zapping. The most disgusting experience ever.

The hotel we stayed at also had major issues.

Maybe Troy has upped their game in the last 10 years or so, but we certainly didn’t enjoy our stay 

Sorry to hear that. I'm lucky since I have family there. I stay at their house and go to the local non-chain restaurants, so I haven't seen anything like that. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Based on what coach said last week. Green has been moved to non contact work. But has not been putting in practice time.  Unless something drastic has changed since then, I doubt we will see Devonte tonight. 

Considering our competition. Not to slight them. I think we can get along without Devonte for perhaps the next several games, if not for the entire month of November.  Still understanding how you, I.  and everyone else is anxious to see him in action again.

I agree with what you say about November, but it would be nice if he could play in a couple in November to knock some rust off before the schedule amps up in December. 

11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
The day can still end on a positive note as the Hoosiers get set to face Troy tonight. For Race Thompson, his Indiana career has taken a positive turn after a frustrating 18-19 season.

Thanks TDH.  I hope you never get tired of my telling you, how much I, and I am sure the rest of Hoosier Sports Nation, appreciate it when you honor us with your great work.

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

OK. mchenry, and Zline.  Did not think of that.  I believe that has happened a few times in the past.  Relieved to know Fisch is good.

He was business as usual during the fb game. I'm sure there were times in his younger days that he might have hopped a quick flight and been back in B-town to call the basketball game, but he's earned the right to decline the overtime.

He's an absolute treasure whose kind is fading fast. Just a straightforward play by play man who can illustrate with words.

Assembly Hall has had the tradition of only having banners that honor teams, not individuals. When his time comes (which I hope is not for many years), I hope the lone exception to this tradition is for Don Fischer.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He was business as usual during the fb game. I'm sure there were times in his younger days that he might have hopped a quick flight and been back in B-town to call the basketball game, but he's earned the right to decline the overtime.

He's an absolute treasure whose kind is fading fast. Just a straightforward play by play man who can illustrate with words.

Assembly Hall has had the tradition of only having banners that honor teams, not individuals. When his time comes (which I hope is not for many years), I hope the lone exception to this tradition is for Don Fischer.

Never been there. But my understanding is that Happy Valley is not the easiest access point. And the reason why Coach Knight carped about PSU being allowed to join the B1G. I do agree and would think that IU will honor Fisch when his day is done..

Archived