Chandler Morris

thirdgenhoosier

He is a 4* QB and the son of former Arkansas HC Chad Morris.  He has de committed from Arkansas and re-opened.  An article on NBC Sports mentioned that Indiana was originally one of his initial suitors.  #13 ranked dual threat QB in the country.  I obviously don’t know if we would still have any interest but found it interesting.

5 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

He is a 4* QB and the son of former Arkansas HC Chad Morris.  He has de committed from Arkansas and re-opened.  An article on NBC Sports mentioned that Indiana was originally one of his initial suitors.  #13 ranked dual threat QB in the country.  I obviously don’t know if we would still have any interest but found it interesting.

Would be a great pick up but don’t think we would take him since we already have a QB commit

20 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Yeah, I know.  That’s part of what I was wondering.  But is this a kid that is too good to pass up if the opportunity is there?  Note- I know nothing about how good he is.

plus we have two freshmen qb's ahead of him. doubt he wants to sit that long

1 hour ago, coachv said:

plus we have two freshmen qb's ahead of him. doubt he wants to sit that long

Yeah and every hotshot QB that goes to Clemson and Ohio State has the same problem and they go there anyway.  Only to transfer later when reality hits them in the face.  In the grand scheme of things I think your point is valid.  But I don’t think high school kids think this way.  They think they will come in and play right away.  Now that’s painting with a really broad brush there but look at how many QBs have transferred from Clemson, Georgia, and OSU in the last few years.  

The thought process of this thread is what delineates us from programs like Ohio State. 

Building depth of high quality kids is what this is all about. Playoff quality programs have kids who are 3 and 4 on the depth chart who could start for most teams. 

If this kid wants to be a Hoosier, then bring  him in and let him compete. If he’s good enough to play at the level needed to excel in the B1G.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The thought process of this thread is what delineates us from programs like Ohio State. 

Building depth of high quality kids is what this is all about. Playoff quality programs have kids who are 3 and 4 on the depth chart who could start for most teams. 

If this kid wants to be a Hoosier, then bring  him in and let him compete. If he’s good enough to play at the level needed to excel in the B1G.

Great point Steuben! 

Archived