Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

We are less than two weeks before the start of the 2019 Indiana High School Basketball Season (for boys, the girls have already started).

To help everyone get keep up with what happens around the state, here is a link to John Harrel's site, the Bible of high school basketball in Indiana.

https://indianahsbasketball.homestead.com/boys.html

The date I have circled on my calendar, is Saturday, December 14th, for the Southport Shootout.

Talent galore on the floor, with every game featuring future D1 players, the last two games being especially intriguing.  Furst vs, Kaufman and Galloway vs. Leal.  IU does not have a game that day, so I have to imagine the coaching staff will be all over this event.  

Southport, Dec. 14
Noon Greensburg vs. Southport
1:40 pm Heritage Hills vs. Brownsburg
3:30 pm Gary West vs. Hamilton Southeastern
5:00 pm Evansville Reitz vs. Carmel
6:40 pm Fort Wayne Blackhawk vs. Silver Creek
8:30 pm Culver Academy vs. Bloomington South

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

School board votes to close Hammond Clark and Hammond Gavit high schools beginning with the '21-'22 school year.  Will be consolidated into Hammond High and Hammond Morton.  While sometimes necessary from a financial perspective, I always hate to see this happen.  Kids enjoying being on a team now may get squeezed of the team after consolidation because of numbers.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/ct-ptb-hammond-school-close-meet-st-1122-20191121-aj5zgx3i5vgztbc2fwq4v73o2m-story.html

Season starts this week.  As much as I love the college game, there are aspects of high school that I like better.

• High school gyms create a much more personal feel to the atmosphere than their larger, more business like college arenas.  No matter where you sit, you feel close to the action. 
  • There;s not as much in the way of 'cupcake' scheduling,  You play the teams in your conference and then try to find non-conference opponents of equal strength.  
  • Rivalries seem to be more intense.  Players in neighboring towns grow up playing against each other all through grade school and middle school, or they may have played against an opponent in another sport.  
  • Crazy fans are not cooped up in their basement watching the game on TV.  They are physically in the gym where the action is.

Just now, rico said:

You gonna quit posting in this thread when Silver Creek gets knocked out of the tournament in basketball like you quit posting in the football thread?

Whatcha talkin bout Willis? | Know Your Meme

Ha Ha.  The end of football season always means the start of basketball season for me.  The end of basketball season usually means there is still more basketball to play.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Looks like they play their 'home' games at Gathering Place, which is a multi-sport facility in Greenwood.  I've been there before.

It also appears there is some national organization of these schools...their home page professes 2019 undisputed national champions.

5 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Nice. Think he might be our next Will Sheehey. 

That'd be awesome.  Minus the last 20 minutes, this team has played really well, but, what we dont have is a Lambier, Rodman, Fife, Sheehey type guy that can piss an entire team off and take them outa the game while playing his.

Dont need him to be Batman, or even Robin......maybe an Aquaman??

Archived