Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rico said:

I see #3 3A Norwell got waxed yesterday 64-43 to Mishawaka Marian...

No undefeated teams left in 3A.

Silver Creek Holiday Tourney tonight and tomorrow.  Longest running tourney in Indiana with the same 4 teams participating.  Was delayed a week this season due to Silver Creek being in the HOF games last weekend.  Silver Creek is a heavy favorite this year.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No undefeated teams left in 3A.

Silver Creek Holiday Tourney tonight and tomorrow.  Longest running tourney in Indiana with the same 4 teams participating.  Was delayed a week this season due to Silver Creek being in the HOF games last weekend.  Silver Creek is a heavy favorite this year.  

I do believe the only unblemished team in my neck of the woods is 2A Prairie Heights.

Given the whole Curt Hopf eligibility thing (separate thread), I find this to be very interesting.  Silver Creek had a rotational player at the start of the year who left the team after 3 games.  One of the games he played in was against Charlestown.  Imagine my surprise at the Silver Creek / Charlestown holiday tourney game tonight when he is announced in the starting lineup...........for Charlestown.  

Now, there are some extenuating circumstances here that I won't go into because I'm not certain of all the details.  But, it is still interesting that one kid can get almost immediate eligibility while another kid can't get eligibility even after legal action.

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Given the whole Curt Hopf eligibility thing (separate thread), I find this to be very interesting.  Silver Creek had a rotational player at the start of the year who left the team after 3 games.  One of the games he played in was against Charlestown.  Imagine my surprise at the Silver Creek / Charlestown holiday tourney game tonight when he is announced in the starting lineup...........for Charlestown.  

Now, there are some extenuating circumstances here that I won't go into because I'm not certain of all the details.  But, it is still interesting that one kid can get almost immediate eligibility while another kid can't get eligibility even after legal action.

Ya, unless there is reason to believe there was recruiting or some other red flag, if a kid wants to change schools....let them.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Rough day yesterday for my Wildcats.  A couple of 14 pt. losses at Plymouth.  One to Jimtown, the other to the Pilgrims.  A fishing buddy of mine's grandson plays for the Jimmies.  

Looks like their schedule should be a little easier the rest of the season.  All of their games so far except 1 have been against 3A or 4A schools.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Looks like their schedule should be a little easier the rest of the season.  All of their games so far except 1 have been against 3A or 4A schools.  

Well, I don't think Blackhawk has anything to worry about with the Mildcats!

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Does the name Taylor Wayer ring a bell with anyone here ?

Taylor Wayer - Men's Basketball - Indiana University Athletics

In his first year as Head BB coach at Chatard.

Has one interesting assistant.  Very familiar to guys who have followed us from Scout's Hoosier Nation, through HSN .01, HSN .02, and today.

I guessed who you were talking about even before I looked it up. Chatard is 7-1.  Assistant boys coach at Chatard must be easier than Park Tudor girls head coach.

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I guessed who you were talking about even before I looked it up. Chatard is 7-1.  Assistant boys coach at Chatard must be easier than Park Tudor girls head coach.

Yep. You nailed it.  Wayer has got his team on a seven game roll.  Getting blown out by Danville in their opener, and winning every game since. Taylor is coaching his alma mater.

Archived