Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rico said:

Nice read! Thanks Rico. Have to say that Wisconsin warm up he is wearing made me throw up in my mouth a little though!

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Got to watch Bloomington South on TV tonight since it was on a local Indy station.  Leal ended up with 23 points and I think he hit 2 3's in the game.  One good thing is he can hit free throws and he came into the game hitting 77%

Based on the final score, that game was closer than it should have been.  Columbus East was 3-8 coming in.

FW Snider defeats Homestead on a 3-pt buzzer beater...53-52

Edit: Just saw the highlights.  Homestead was trailing 50-49 with the ball and Goode got fouled on a 3 pt. shot with a little over 2 seconds to go.  He sank all 3 FT's giving the Spartans the lead 52-50.  Some kid buries a 3/4 court hail mary for Snider as the clock expires.

A good ole fashioned Hoosier Barn burner from the Fort.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Edit: Just saw the highlights.  Homestead was trailing 50-49 with the ball and Goode got fouled on a 3 pt. shot with a little over 2 seconds to go.  He sank all 3 FT's giving the Spartans the lead 52-50.  Some kid buries a 3/4 court hail mary for Snider as the clock expires.

Sorry. Just posted in Goode thread. There's a video posted from someone at Homestead showing asst coach for Snider running up in Luke's face as this all happened. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Got to watch Bloomington South on TV tonight since it was on a local Indy station.  Leal ended up with 23 points and I think he hit 2 3's in the game.  One good thing is he can hit free throws and he came into the game hitting 77%

I saw it too.  First time I've seen him play.  BS plays such a team oriented style that a single player isn't going to stand out.  15 points in the first half (the announcers called it a quiet 15 points).  My impression is that he's a steady, team oriented player and is a reliable shooter (at least at the HS level).  I got distracted from the game in the second half during and after lengthy delay after the CE player had that scary injury.

5 hours ago, rico said:

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry. Just posted in Goode thread. There's a video posted from someone at Homestead showing asst coach for Snider running up in Luke's face as this all happened. 

HSN needs a dislike button.  Hate Snider, lol

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Don't think it's been mentioned, but Barr-Reeve's oldest rival (Loogootee) beat the Vikings in a mild upset last night.  I say mild because Loogootee is pretty good this year and it was on their floor.

I am surprised by that. Barr Reeve smoked Washington in the annual opener and Washington beat Loogootee just a few  weeks later.

All 3 are good teams this year.

Tired of losing to Barr Reeve though. 

32 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I am surprised by that. Barr Reeve smoked Washington in the annual opener and Washington beat Loogootee just a few  weeks later.

All 3 are good teams this year.

Tired of losing to Barr Reeve though. 

Washington went on a tear after that Barr-Reeve game.  I suspect there's something mental about playing Barr Reeve.

Culver Academy defeated St. Bend St. Joe 70-63.  Notre Dame commit JR Konieczny(sp?) scored his 1,000 pt for the Indians.  Trey had 25 pts.

Homestead rebounds and defeats East Noble at Kendallville.  55-42.  I have not seen highlights or write-ups on it...yet.

Lawrence North beat Lawrence Central for the second time this season, to solidify their hold on the top spot in the state rankings.  I would not be surprised at all though if Central doesn't turn the tables in the sectional.  Of course, that sectional also includes Warren Central, Cathedral, and Attucks, all of whom, along with the 2 Lawrence schools, are top 20 in Sagarin.  Yikes!

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Lawrence North beat Lawrence Central for the second time this season, to solidify their hold on the top spot in the state rankings.  I would not be surprised at all though if Central doesn't turn the tables in the sectional.  Of course, that sectional also includes Warren Central, Cathedral, and Attucks, all of whom, along with the 2 Lawrence schools, are top 20 in Sagarin.  Yikes!

Those are the best two teams in the state. LN beat LC @LC and on a neutral court. Impressive. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Cooper's windmill dunk in game time was pretty impressive. Iowa is getting a good one in Perkins. 9th Marion County title for Jack.

10 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I don't follow high school ball very much. So, a question for those that do. Where does Jeffersonville beating Floyd Central fall into the grand scheme of things? Also, what is a good site to g ok to so I can follow.

It doesnt fall into the grand scheme at all. 

Go to John Harrells website. 

5 hours ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I don't follow high school ball very much. So, a question for those that do. Where does Jeffersonville beating Floyd Central fall into the grand scheme of things? Also, what is a good site to g ok to so I can follow.

Floyd Central is not built to make a long tournament run.  Jeffersonville, however, could if they start playing consistently.  Three D1 level players in their starting lineup.  And, they took Lawrence North to overtime earlier in the year.  Their 3 Indiana losses are all good ones (4A #1 Lawrence North, 3A #1 Silver Creek, and at 4A #14 Crispus Attucks).  Floyd, meanwhile, is your typical 16-6 or 17-5 team.  Good enough to win all the games they should as well as pull an upset or two along the way, but not good enough to win 6-7 tournament games in a row against top competition.  

Archived