Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

27 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Is this broadcasted anywhere? Internet? YouTube High School channel?

You can watch the game on live stream here https://livestream.com/accounts/17075222/events/8969283 

note: Riley is playing right now against one of the gary schools, so whoever wins will play Culver(they won the 10 am game) at 7(not sure if that’s eastern or central time, but i think it’s eastern), if riley loses the game they are in now then Riley plays in the consolation game at 5.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not see you there but i hink most of Decatur county was there. Still a GIANT step away between the two programs for sure

I tried telling people that it would be a 15 + point spread if Welage played.  Nobody believed me.  Souths Defense had more holes than Swiss cheese.  I’m hearing several parents weren’t happy about the signs some of Gburgs kids made.  It was all in good fun and they are just kids.  Great atmosphere at the game.

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I tried telling people that it would be a 15 + point spread if Welage played.  Nobody believed me.  Souths Defense had more holes than Swiss cheese.  I’m hearing several parents weren’t happy about the signs some of Gburgs kids made.  It was all in good fun and they are just kids.  Great atmosphere at the game.

I agree. the games I have watched South they give up too many easy baskets and gamble on defense. Against bad not well coached teams they eat it up. I told a good friend before the game that if Greensburg tries to live by the 3, it will be a game if they dribble drive going to be along night for South. I think the Pirates only made 2 3 pt shots and only attempted 4 or 5 if i am correct. Perfect game plan. 

I did not mind the signs,,  lots of good stuff and all in good fun. I joked with a parent of a Greensburg player about the South Jennings Sign, that the person holding it was a South Decatur Transfer(ps. my wife baby sat her from birth til 6) and that i think there were a couple of Greensburg starters that may or may not have grown up in Ripley County. All in good fun and great for our area to get some attention. The Pirates are a lot better now than the time I saw them early in the season. 

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Do you know if that's going to be streamed anywhere?

Can't speak for the Silver Creek game.

But Indianapolis Cathedral at Culver Academy is gonna be on WHME-TV Saturday night.  But you can catch it on youtube, or so they say.  I get the local broadcast here out of South Bend.

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Do you know if that's going to be streamed anywhere?

The game will be streamed on https://www.ihsaatv.org/  

Please note, as Rico mentioned, the game is Saturday, not Friday. 

It's also alumni night for Silver Creek, so there's a chance former Hoosier Steve Green might be in the house.  He doesn't come every year for alumni night, but it's always nice when he does.  

At that point in the season where kids have rounded into form and the wheat has separated from the chaff. Pretty easy to see which teams stand out and start pointing towards teams to watch for in the tournament.

So does anyone want to go out on a limb and give us some finalist for Mr. Basketball so we can follow them down the stretch run?

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How many times in history have the juniors thumped the seniors in all star scrimmage games?  

Should Mr basketball have to be a senior or just best player in the state?  Warning, here come the get off my turf Indiana high school basketball historical preservationists one classers.  :coffee:

HA ha ha ….funny from the everyone needs to get a trophy; kids need protected from learning how to battle against the odds and overcome mountains.....last thing we need are kids growing up thinking they can take on industry giants and innovate and win. I KID I KID!!! Please don't hate me!! lol

I actually have absolutely no problem with a junior winning it if it is not even close who the best player in the state was and how they led their team. If I was a voter however and it was a close race I likely would give the nod to the senior.

32 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How many times in history have the juniors thumped the seniors in all star scrimmage games?  

Should Mr basketball have to be a senior or just best player in the state?  Warning, here come the get off my turf Indiana high school basketball historical preservationists one classers.  :coffee:

I have always considered Mr. Basketball to be somewhat of a 'lifetime achievement' award.  In other words, assume you have two seniors with identical stats and team success, but one has been balling big time since a sophomore while the other just blossomed as a senior.  I'm giving the award to the guy with more history.

Long explanation to state that I like Mr. Basketball being a senior.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have always considered Mr. Basketball to be somewhat of a 'lifetime achievement' award.  In other words, assume you have two seniors with identical stats and team success, but one has been balling big time since a sophomore while the other just blossomed as a senior.  I'm giving the award to the guy with more history.

Long explanation to state that I like Mr. Basketball being a senior.

That player would likely win anyways because of name recognition from previous success but thanks for the answer anyways.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

We have had this discussion before here on HSN.  Most recently about Romeo.  I am perfectly happy with the way the "award" is given.  But it in now way reflects who the best player in the state is in a given year.

39 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That player would likely win anyways because of name recognition from previous success but thanks for the answer anyways.  

I have said this before.  In 1984 Jeff Grose led the Warsaw Tigers to a state title.  I know Jeff and he was a helluva ball player.  He won Mr. Basketball in 1985.  That team in '85 had a sophomore by the name of Rick Fox.  Jeff was the 2nd best player on his own team that year but was Mr. Basketball.

Archived