Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for @Billingsley99.  I see where South Decatur put up 95 again tonight.  So, why aren't teams trying to slow them down more?   Seems like the opposing teams should be trying a little harder to control tempo.  It's obvious that if you play up-tempo against them, you're going to lose.  Are the games getting out of hand early?

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Question for @Billingsley99.  I see where South Decatur put up 95 again tonight.  So, why aren't teams trying to slow them down more?   Seems like the opposing teams should be trying a little harder to control tempo.  It's obvious that if you play up-tempo against them, you're going to lose.  Are the games getting out of hand early?

Not Billingsley but the second a team employs a tactic or strategy of slowing down the game.....the crowd starts booing stall ball and people start yelling about a shot clock. It's almost like clockwork.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not Billingsley but the second a team employs a tactic or strategy of slowing down the game.....the crowd starts booing stall ball and people start yelling about a shot clock. It's almost like clockwork.

LOL...although, tbh, I think they should have a shot clock.  But I don't know if the school corporations could afford them.

2 hours ago, rico said:

LOL...although, tbh, I think they should have a shot clock.  But I don't know if the school corporations could afford them.

When my school Knightstown built their new High school in 2005 they put in shot clocks in their gym.  I guess they went ahead and did that jus tin case they put a shot clock in the high school game.  It also helps now because the game clock is also on the shot clock so it is easier for the players to see.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When my school Knightstown built their new High school in 2005 they put in shot clocks in their gym.  I guess they went ahead and did that jus tin case they put a shot clock in the high school game.  It also helps now because the game clock is also on the shot clock so it is easier for the players to see.

I wonder if Whitko did that when they renovated a few years back?  I didn't pay attention.  Shame on me.  But yeah, the day is coming when the shot clock will be in the HS game here in this state.

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

There defense is designed to give teams good luck's but at a pace faster than normal. Most games are close at the half but South is more conditioned than any team I have seen. The press full court run and gun offense and only play 6 guys

Their 6th man went 7 for 7 from 3in the third quarter. On any given night they have 6 guys that have the ability to put up 30. 

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

South plays Southwestern Hanover and Jerry Bomholt will run his famous 3-2 zone I would be shocked if South gets 90 tonight. I hope they put 100 on the Rebels but dont think they will 

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

South plays Southwestern Hanover and Jerry Bomholt will run his famous 3-2 zone I would be shocked if South gets 90 tonight. I hope they put 100 on the Rebels but dont think they will 

Southwestern beats South Decatur by 12 tonight. Foster Mefford put up 40 for the Rebels. 

9 minutes ago, rico said:

I have no idea about the girls.  But how Ogle has remained the boys coach is beyond belief.

https://timesuniononline.com/Content/Opinion/Letters-To-The-Editor/Article/The-Tigers-Ogle-Problem/76/340/117011

Okay.  Outsider looking in.

The dude may be a total jerk.  I have no idea.  But, his coaching record is pretty darn good. 

273-138 record

6 sectionals

2 or 3 regionals

And, 1 State Finals appearance

Maybe those aren't up to snuff for expectations in the Warsaw community, but proportionately, those are better than average.  In comparison, Floyd Central, a highly thought of program down south has not won a sectional since 1989.  

Honest question.  Could fans like the guy who wrote the letter to the editor have unrealistic expectations based on the reality before class basketball, when Warsaw was almost guaranteed a sectional championship by beating up on smaller schools from the surrounding communities?

15 minutes ago, rico said:

I have no idea about the girls.  But how Ogle has remained the boys coach is beyond belief.

https://timesuniononline.com/Content/Opinion/Letters-To-The-Editor/Article/The-Tigers-Ogle-Problem/76/340/117011

Harter is somewhere in southern indiana now i believe.  The Goshen coach took over the girl position here. He seems alright, but I havent been around the program in a few years now.   My granddaughter is 1 and im already kicking around what school she should attend 😂

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Okay.  Outsider looking in.

The dude may be a total jerk.  I have no idea.  But, his coaching record is pretty darn good. 

273-138 record

6 sectionals

2 or 3 regionals

And, 1 State Finals appearance

Maybe those aren't up to snuff for expectations in the Warsaw community, but proportionately, those are better than average.  In comparison, Floyd Central, a highly thought of program down south has not won a sectional since 1989.  

Honest question.  Could fans like the guy who wrote the letter to the editor have unrealistic expectations based on the reality before class basketball, when Warsaw was almost guaranteed a sectional championship by beating up on smaller schools from the surrounding communities?

He has ran players off.  And that is what the author is talking about.  Good/great HS players.  I really have no dog in the fight.  But I know he ran 1 particular player off that I have good inside information on.  I will say this...I feel that class basketball has really affected Warsaw basketball.

7 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Harter is somewhere in southern indiana now i believe.  The Goshen coach took over the girl position here. He seems alright, but I havent been around the program in a few years now.   My granddaughter is 1 and im already kicking around what school she should attend 😂

Well Whitko could use some help on the girls team!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Probably Valley, Rochester, or Warsaw... My daughter is moving back up here from the Lafayette area in a few months. They are primarily looking for a rural house in the akron area

You can get a house cheap in the South Whitley area....

Archived