Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lawrence North down 4 to Attucks with under 2 to go. Unreal upset if it happens and will point to the competition level in Marion County.

Trey Galloway awaits in anticipation of the vaunted Marion County teams.

If someone doesn't mind answering. Which teams from the south feed into Central Indiana and when? I have friends coming into town next weekend for Big 10 tourney but would love to show them the best games. Which venue and games would be best within an hour drive from Indy next weekend?

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If someone doesn't mind answering. Which teams from the south feed into Central Indiana and when? I have friends coming into town next weekend for Big 10 tourney but would love to show them the best games. Which venue and games would be best within an hour drive from Indy next weekend?

Not sure what class your looking at but Barr-Reeve will be playing in sure. That’ll be at Loogootee Tho

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It doesn't fit your hour drive criteria, but the 3A regional in Washington will be absolutely loaded.  If form holds in the sectional Championships, you would have #1, #2, #3, and #10.

4A Seymour will be borderline on the hour if you are starting from the Southern part of the city.  That regional could feature Bloomington South (Leal), Evansville Reitz (Lander), and Floyd Central,,

But, the 4A Southport regional may be your best bet.  Brownsburg/Plainfield, Pike/Decatur Central, Lawrence North/Warren Central, and New Palestine/Muncie Central.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Trey Galloway awaits in anticipation of the vaunted Marion County teams.

What Culver has done this season is nothing short of amazing.  Playing up due to success factor.  Only 4 losses, all in a row when Galloway was out injured.  # of the 4 losses were to Bloomington South, Fort Wayne Blackhawk, and Lawrence Central, all 3 who are in top 10 in Sagarin.  Since he's been back, they are crushing teams.  

You know what that tells me?  Galloway is a difference maker and a winner.  Looking forward to seeing him in candy stripes.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It doesn't fit your hour drive criteria, but the 3A regional in Washington will be absolutely loaded.  If form holds in the sectional Championships, you would have #1, #2, #3, and #10.

4A Seymour will be borderline on the hour if you are starting from the Southern part of the city.  That regional could feature Bloomington South (Leal), Evansville Reitz (Lander), and Floyd Central,,

But, the 4A Southport regional may be your best bet.  Brownsburg/Plainfield, Pike/Decatur Central, Lawrence North/Warren Central, and New Palestine/Muncie Central.

Thank you very much for this. I really want to go to Seymour but certainly Southport is closer and it sounds like Washington will be overall best. Tough choices but seems like win/win no matter which one we choose. 

Edit-PS...you answered in 5 seconds what I spent hours searching for. Wish someone at the Star or one of the local sites would just say which places and why. With Big 10 tourney fans coming in next week....plenty will be asking the same questions.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What Culver has done this season is nothing short of amazing.  Playing up due to success factor.  Only 4 losses, all in a row when Galloway was out injured.  # of the 4 losses were to Bloomington South, Fort Wayne Blackhawk, and Lawrence Central, all 3 who are in top 10 in Sagarin.  Since he's been back, they are crushing teams.  

You know what that tells me?  Galloway is a difference maker and a winner.  Looking forward to seeing him in candy stripes.

According to the John Harrell site Culver is 1-21 this season.   What am I missing?

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow LN....down 5 to win by 3. Huge by them and Attucks has to be crushed.

I watched that game. Thanks IHSAAtv on Roku. Terrific game.  One Hall of Fame coach. The other, Chris Hawkins, who over the years when he was known as Birdman, was kind enough to share "intel" on Indiana HS players with me. Class guy. And huge friend of Indiana University.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I watched that game. Thanks IHSAAtv on Roku. Terrific game.  One Hall of Fame coach. The other, Chris Hawkins, who over the years when he was known as Birdman, was kind enough to share "intel" on Indiana HS players with me. Class guy. And huge friend of Indiana University.

Awesome. I remember Birdman. Nice to connect the dots.

Fun game indeed and tough sectional. LN has to be waking up breathing sighs of relief. They beat Central earlier....(who only lost 3 games all year...all year to LN) and come back in this one to beat Attucks. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Awesome. I remember Birdman. Nice to connect the dots.

Fun game indeed and tough sectional. LN has to be waking up breathing sighs of relief. They beat Central earlier....(who only lost 3 games all year...all year to LN) and come back in this one to beat Attucks. 

The thing that struck me about that game, was the quality of play on both sides.  Of course, very good coaching as well.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The thing that struck me about that game, was the quality of play on both sides.  Of course, very good coaching as well.

I have no clue what other states charge for games....but not a bad deal to go see high level high school hoops, players, fans, exciting games,etc.....all for $6. 

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Got it.  Given their record I'm guessing the HS extremely small. 

Yes, they are 1A.  But there are plenty of other 1A schools in that area and they can't compete with them either.  Nice little town on a nice lake.  It would be in Marshall County and the county seat is Plymouth.  

I don't know how long it's been since my alma mater (Chesterton) has played for a sectional championship, but they'll get their chance today against Valpo. The Trojans have put up a pretty good record this year going 23-2 so far. Their only losses were by 1 point to Munster, and they got kinda clobbered in a holiday tournament by Blackhawk/Furst. 

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

A. TG is a winner

B. His dad can coach 

C. The fact they're playing up doesnt change their regular season schedule. Not trying to diminish a fantastic season.. just saying. 

Archived