Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank you very much for this. I really want to go to Seymour but certainly Southport is closer and it sounds like Washington will be overall best. Tough choices but seems like win/win no matter which one we choose. 

Edit-PS...you answered in 5 seconds what I spent hours searching for. Wish someone at the Star or one of the local sites would just say which places and why. With Big 10 tourney fans coming in next week....plenty will be asking the same questions.

Since I-69 opened the drive from indy to Washington is pretty smooth sailing. About an hour and forty five minutes from the south side. So if you choose that add however long it takes to get to the south side. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

A. TG is a winner

B. His dad can coach 

C. The fact they're playing up doesnt change their regular season schedule. Not trying to diminish a fantastic season.. just saying. 

They also graduated a D1 player from last year's team.  Ethan Brittan-Watts is playing at Boston University this year.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Go to Washington next week. The Hatchet House is worth the trip and HH and SC will be a site to see. 

My recommendation as well.  That's where Trayce Jackson-Davis' run ended last year. Some really high-quality games there and a great venue.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

They also graduated a D1 player from last year's team.  Ethan Brittan-Watts is playing at Boston University this year.  

Well good teams lose good players. I'm just saying their record isn't really a surprise with the talent they have. 

Went to New Castle with my brother to watch Hamilton Heights and Delta in the championship game.  Hamilton Heights coach was our coach at Knightstown when we went to the semi state so we went to see him.  The game went down to the last shot but Delta won 42-41.  Delta hit a circus shot in the paint with 20 seconds left to take the lead.  Hamilton Heights missed an open 3 at the buzzer that would have won the game.

I said back a few months ago that I thought 'Busco had a puncher's chance up north here against Blackhawk.  We shall see shortly if I was right.  The Eagles are battle tested coming out of the NECC and the Westview sectional.  They have a pair of good shooters and an athletic big man.  

10 hours ago, rico said:

'Busco wins

Homestead loses

Trey wins

Warsaw loses Northridge wins

Norwell wins

Wawasee loses

Oh and Valpo beat Chesterton.

Northridge blew the doors off Warsaw 60-38 after narrowly losing to Penn in the sectional championship last year. Also, my alma mater, Leo, won the 3A Garret sectional ending an 18 year drought (my Junior year). Also, for any Assembly Call listeners, Coach Tonsoni's Western team won the Twin Lakes sectional. 

11 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Northridge blew the doors off Warsaw 60-38 after narrowly losing to Penn in the sectional championship last year. Also, my alma mater, Leo, won the 3A Garret sectional ending an 18 year drought (my Junior year). Also, for any Assembly Call listeners, Coach Tonsoni's Western team won the Twin Lakes sectional. 

From what I have seen, Northridge has a fine big man.  Leo has a fine team.  And I don't know this Western team you speak of.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I see a lot of AAU teams in that poll.

I saw MaxPreps had Silver Creek ranked 623 nationally. Which is an absolute abomination. I realize it really doesn't matter, but there aren't 100 better teams in the country... let alone 600 lol 

1, 4, 7, 9, 11, 21 are all prep schools and there is ZERO reason these teams are in their rankings. Bloomington South, LN, and LC are as good any true HS teams in the country this year. 

Bloomington South goes 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3 and 6'... 3 D1 basketball players and 1 D1 football player in their starting lineup. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I saw MaxPreps had Silver Creek ranked 623 nationally. Which is an absolute abomination. I realize it really doesn't matter, but there aren't 100 better teams in the country... let alone 600 lol 

1, 4, 7, 9, 11, 21 are all prep schools and there is ZERO reason these teams are in their rankings. Bloomington South, LN, and LC are as good any true HS teams in the country this year. 

Bloomington South goes 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3 and 6'... 3 D1 basketball players and 1 D1 football player in their starting lineup. 

I would say you are a little light on the number of sports academies(prep schools) there.  

Archived