Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

On 3/11/2020 at 7:29 AM, rico said:

I heard something this morning I found hard to believe.  New Haven has never won a regional title.  They have been playing in the tournament since 1922.

Darn you Rico! Gotta bring up my Bulldogs and losing the Regional title in 1991 on a last second shot by Whitko. That New Haven team was strong.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like GreenCastle is unable to host tomorrow. At least that's what is being reported this morning. Sounds like another hectic day on the high school level.

Edit-Update-Sounds as if no Southport either. Moved to Lawrence Central.

I'm concerned that the season ends after tomorrow.

IHSAA Press Release moments ago.

IHSAA Boys Basketball State Tournament Postponed Due to the number of schools closing after today for an extended period of time, it has become apparent the IHSAA boys basketball tournament series cannot be completed as scheduled. Subsequently, the boys basketball tournament is postponed immediately. Saturday’s girls gymnastics state finals at Worthen Arena in Muncie will continue as scheduled with no spectators in attendance. Competition will begin at 1 pm ET / 12 pm CT.

6 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

IHSAA Press Release moments ago.

IHSAA Boys Basketball State Tournament Postponed Due to the number of schools closing after today for an extended period of time, it has become apparent the IHSAA boys basketball tournament series cannot be completed as scheduled. Subsequently, the boys basketball tournament is postponed immediately. Saturday’s girls gymnastics state finals at Worthen Arena in Muncie will continue as scheduled with no spectators in attendance. Competition will begin at 1 pm ET / 12 pm CT.

Well Damn, I was at least going to watch the high school games tomorrow but now ill have nothing.  Will have to go to YouTube to watch old IU games or check out things I have DVR'd

Anyone hear what Dakich said about Scottsburg coach getting fired? I guess he's under investigation for his ripping the board for the decision. I don't have any background on the situation but it seems firing a guy after back to back winning seasons seems personal I guess.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/20/emmis-investigating-dan-dakichs-comments-scottsburg-coach-firing/2881793001/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone hear what Dakich said about Scottsburg coach getting fired? I guess he's under investigation for his ripping the board for the decision. I don't have any background on the situation but it seems firing a guy after back to back winning seasons seems personal I guess.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/20/emmis-investigating-dan-dakichs-comments-scottsburg-coach-firing/2881793001/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Why would Dakich, out of the blue, call a kid, even though unnamed, a "methead"? "Meathead" I could understand, but he may have written a check with his mouth that his ass can't cover here...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Why would Dakich, out of the blue, call a kid, even though unnamed, a "methead"? "Meathead" I could understand, but he may have written a check with his mouth that his ass can't cover here...

Yep....and again I have no idea what's going on there....but you would think personal attacks to kids would be out of his arsenal. Of course he went after Romeo and folks which is why he was suspended. Problem is I think his ratings are through the roof so maybe Emmis just looks the other way. Indy radio right now is just plain horrible. 

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not defending but it was taken out of context.  Tried to make a joke that was not funny.  He was saying an imaginary conversation between coach and school board, you son son does not play because he is a pain in the rear and w methhead. Technically not calling anyone that just a poor attempt at humor

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dakich went way too far.  But, I can honestly say that Scottsburg has a history of incompetent school board actions that were made based on the wrong thing..  If I was a coach, you could not pay me enough money to coach there.  

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not defending but it was taken out of context.  Tried to make a joke that was not funny.  He was saying an imaginary conversation between coach and school board, you son son does not play because he is a pain in the rear and w methhead. Technically not calling anyone that just a poor attempt at humor

I understand the context, but in the large picture, a jab like that at a hypothetical student gets construed as "where there's smoke, there's fire" and really implicates the whole town...

I know he meant it as a joke, but as you said, not even funny...

Poor attempt at humor and as usual, Dakich is a loudmouth idiot, but from what I've read, sounds like the school board is full of idiots as well.  Would love to hear why the coach was really fired as it sounds like his team success was definitely trending up.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Dakich went way too far.  But, I can honestly say that Scottsburg has a history of incompetent school board actions that were made based on the wrong thing..  If I was a coach, you could not pay me enough money to coach there.  

Appreciate the information. Didn't know the story or background. Curious I guess what happened but I'm sure it will work it's way out eventually.

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I understand the context, but in the large picture, a jab like that at a hypothetical student gets construed as "where there's smoke, there's fire" and really implicates the whole town...

I know he meant it as a joke, but as you said, not even funny...

I agree. Right wrong or indifferent  Scott county has a bad rep for rampant drug use. I dont cry or get offended when people call my town Methport instead of Westport,  

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree. Right wrong or indifferent  Scott county has a bad rep for rampant drug use. I dont cry or get offended when people call my town Methport instead of Westport,  

Isn't Scottsburg the one on LIVEPD all the time??? Yeah..really really bad down there. Maybe not the worst in the state but pretty darn bad...not only do you get the Indiana druggies but it seems the Kentucky ones come up there too lol from the show as I'm always seeing Kentucky plates lol.

Just an example 20 years ago or more I was a Manager working for Walgreens when I got out of college. I got moved from Indy to the Terre Haute store. OMG... this is before Sudafed was limited by the state. We limited it ourselves because if not we couldn't get enough in. We sold 3 boxes of 96ct Sudafed a day to customers and two 8pks packages of lithium batteries a day. Needless to say we would get Sudafed and batteries by the dozens of cases (cases holding hundreds of packages). We was the #1 selling Walgreens in the entire country with one in KC a close second. People would try to change clothes and rebuy it lol. Sad sad affair but needless to say as soon as I could get out of that town I did. Oh the life lessons I learned there in the few short years lol. But there are just places like that in the US unfortunately. Heck my college room mate was from Austin,IN so I know all too  well about the area.

That said...probably can't get away with saying stuff like that in todays sue happy age Dan.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Isn't Scottsburg the one on LIVEPD all the time??? Yeah..really really bad down there. Maybe not the worst in the state but pretty darn bad...not only do you get the Indiana druggies but it seems the Kentucky ones come up there too lol from the show as I'm always seeing Kentucky plates lol.

Just an example 20 years ago or more I was a Manager working for Walgreens when I got out of college. I got moved from Indy to the Terre Haute store. OMG... this is before Sudafed was limited by the state. We limited it ourselves because if not we couldn't get enough in. We sold 3 boxes of 96ct Sudafed a day to customers and two 8pks packages of lithium batteries a day. Needless to say we would get Sudafed and batteries by the dozens of cases (cases holding hundreds of packages). We was the #1 selling Walgreens in the entire country with one in KC a close second. People would try to change clothes and rebuy it lol. Sad sad affair but needless to say as soon as I could get out of that town I did. Oh the life lessons I learned there in the few short years lol. But there are just places like that in the US unfortunately. Heck my college room mate was from Austin,IN so I know all too  well about the area.

That said...probably can't get away with saying stuff like that in todays sue happy age Dan.

You deserve a medal for going to Terre Haute in the first place...I was born there and most of my relatives still live there...

The only thing good in that town as far as I'm concerned is The Bush Restaurant on Locust St...

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Poor attempt at humor and as usual, Dakich is a loudmouth idiot, but from what I've read, sounds like the school board is full of idiots as well.  Would love to hear why the coach was really fired as it sounds like his team success was definitely trending up.

My understanding is that the school board president’s son played on the team. I’m sure there is more to this than will ever be made public.

3 hours ago, SteveS said:

My understanding is that the school board president’s son played on the team. I’m sure there is more to this than will ever be made public.

Its fact that the superintendents son was on the team. We played against them the past two seasons, and the superintendents dad was my biology teacher, oddly enough. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You deserve a medal for going to Terre Haute in the first place...I was born there and most of my relatives still live there...

The only thing good in that town as far as I'm concerned is The Bush Restaurant on Locust St...

Interesting enough LivePd was in Terre Haute too. Coincidence...I think not lol.

Archived