Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week they were 5th in 2A. In 2A i think they will be a tough out. They really make teams play much faster than what they are capable of playing. I am very impressed with their conditioning. 3 players will play all 32 minutes if they have to, at a pace that is break neck speed. 

I think there are only 5 undefeated teams left in the state. 

8 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Especially after they blew a 24 point lead in the 4th quarter on Saturday...and losing Friday...you may be right. They're 2nd in the state in scoring, we're 40th in defense...so something has to give!

I know really nothing about either team...but best of luck to your boys.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Do you know where the game was played?  

I do not other than it wasn't at Blackhawk.  They showed a few highlights on WANE-TV but I couldn't hear what they were saying.  I will keep looking on their web page to see if it pops up.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I do not other than it wasn't at Blackhawk.  They showed a few highlights on WANE-TV but I couldn't hear what they were saying.  I will keep looking on their web page to see if it pops up.

John Harrell has it listed as a neutral site.  Wasn't sure if it was in Ft. Wayne, Chicago, or somewhere in between.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

John Harrell has it listed as a neutral site.  Wasn't sure if it was in Ft. Wayne, Chicago, or somewhere in between.

Just found out.  It was a holiday classic for MLK day and it was at Timothy Christian HS in Elmhurst, Illinois.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Just found out.  It was a holiday classic for MLK day and it was at Timothy Christian HS in Elmhurst, Illinois.

Wow. Just took a 5 minute history lesson on Fort Wayne Blackhawk. Didn't realize they were coached by former Illini Marc Davidson (before he transferred his final year to Trinity). His Dad was a legend in Western Suburbs of Chicago which might be the reason they were invited to this tourney to begin with. Love trying to connect the dots. Sun Times writer was very complimentary of Furst. 

I was going to mention this earlier but I forgot.  But over the week-end the NECC had their tournament.  The "Final Four" featured Central Noble, Westview, Prairie Heights, and Churubusco.  3 of those teams are ranked in 2A and 'Busco was at one time.  Not only are the 4 schools in the same conference but in the same sectional as well.  

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Looking forward to watching undefeated South Decatur top 5 in 2A at top 5 in 3A Greensburg.  Biggest game between to Decatur county teams since class basketball.  Big crowd I plan on seeing some of my Decatur county IU brethren there

Only 4 undefeated teams left in the state:  Bloomington South, South Decatur, Greenwood Christian, and Kouts.  

South Decatur gets this one and they have a legit chance of finishing undefeated in the regular season.  Greenwood Christian probably will.  Bloomington South has two games left where they can trip up (Silver Creek and Columbus North).  Kouts will likely lose their next game against Gary 21st Century.  

Speaking of Gary 21st Century, what will that school's name be 100 years from now?  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Only 4 undefeated teams left in the state:  Bloomington South, South Decatur, Greenwood Christian, and Kouts.  

South Decatur gets this one and they have a legit chance of finishing undefeated in the regular season.  Greenwood Christian probably will.  Bloomington South has two games left where they can trip up (Silver Creek and Columbus North).  Kouts will likely lose their next game against Gary 21st Century.  

Speaking of Gary 21st Century, what will that school's name be 100 years from now?  

Greensburg May be without their best player too.  Andrew Welage fell on his back last game, the same back he had surgery on over the summer.  He’s a Wright State commit.  

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Greensburg May be without their best player too.  Andrew Welage fell on his back last game, the same back he had surgery on over the summer.  He’s a Wright State commit.  

Hate to hear that.  Never want injuries to dictate how a season turns out.  Hope it's not serious.  As a Silver Creek fan, I'm looking forward to seeing Greensburg at Regional.  

I got to see Westview's Charlie Yoder in action on TV.  The kid does it all for the Warriors.  Finished with a triple-double.  26 pts., 15 boards, and 12 assists.  Westview 74-Fairfield 58.

BTW, the Falcons had a 6-2 sophomore guard that went for 29 in the loss.

39 minutes ago, rico said:

I got to see Westview's Charlie Yoder in action on TV.  The kid does it all for the Warriors.  Finished with a triple-double.  26 pts., 15 boards, and 12 assists.  Westview 74-Fairfield 58.

BTW, the Falcons had a 6-2 sophomore guard that went for 29 in the loss.

This is a kid you really hope doesn't end up at Wisconsin or Iowa because he will kill you his Jr and sr year.  Hopefully he has extended family in Nevada.  

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is a kid you really hope doesn't end up at Wisconsin or Iowa because he will kill you his Jr and sr year.  Hopefully he has extended family in Nevada.  

Listed at 6-4...fragile frame.  What scares me is Izzo knocking on his door considering the location of Westview(Topeka) being close to the Michigan border.  

14 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Is this broadcasted anywhere? Internet? YouTube High School channel?

I can't find it, doesn't mean it isn't out there.  For the future when it comes to the South Bend area keep an eye on WHME...they have a High School game of the week on Friday nights.  That is how I got to watch Charlie Yoder play.

Archived