Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes.  Brooks was co-Mr. Basketball, and USA's National Player of The Year, in 1984.

I know that, but MC Rogers didn't go undefeated...nor did they win state with him.  I saw him live in '84...as Warsaw won the Semistate title over the Raiders.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rico said:

I know that, but MC Rogers didn't go undefeated...nor did they win state with him.  I saw him live in '84...as Warsaw won the Semistate title over the Raiders.

I conflated the two. Understanding that Brooks' team did not go undefeated. But that Leal has a chance, like Brooks to go down in history as some of the best the state has/had to offer.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I conflated the two. Understanding that Brooks' team did not go undefeated. But that Leal has a chance, like Brooks to go down in history as some of the best the state has/had to offer.

Highly, highly doubt Bloom South would be undefeated if they played in Indy. They are VERY good and VERY balanced, but Indy is just stupid depth wise. For reference.. Bloomington South has played the 47th ranked schedule, which certainly isn't bad... but LN-7, LC-8, HSE-3, Carmel-4, Brownsburg-9, WC-11, Fishers-12, NC-2... If BS had all of those on their schedule like this other schools, I don't think they're undefeated. 

NOW... as far as state championships go... BS only has to beat two Indy area schools to win the state championship. To put LN/LC's (in my opinion the best two teams in the state) road to the championship.... LN would have to beat something like #s 1, 8, and 11 just to get out of the sectional. Then in the regional something like #s 7 and 31. Semi State they'd have to beat #3 and the state have to beat #4. Obviously that's worst case scenario. Just saying that eastside of Indy sectional is ABSURD. 

Bloomington South would be like (127, 24, 22, 21, 37, 1, 4) .... much easier path. 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Highly, highly doubt Bloom South would be undefeated if they played in Indy. They are VERY good and VERY balanced, but Indy is just stupid depth wise. For reference.. Bloomington South has played the 47th ranked schedule, which certainly isn't bad... but LN-7, LC-8, HSE-3, Carmel-4, Brownsburg-9, WC-11, Fishers-12, NC-2... If BS had all of those on their schedule like this other schools, I don't think they're undefeated. 

NOW... as far as state championships go... BS only has to beat two Indy area schools to win the state championship. To put LN/LC's (in my opinion the best two teams in the state) road to the championship.... LN would have to beat something like #s 1, 8, and 11 just to get out of the sectional. Then in the regional something like #s 7 and 31. Semi State they'd have to beat #3 and the state have to beat #4. Obviously that's worst case scenario. Just saying that eastside of Indy sectional is ABSURD. 

Bloomington South would be like (127, 24, 22, 21, 37, 1, 4) .... much easier path. 

The 1954 Milan team would beat them all.  :coffee:

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Will he watching South Decatur against South Ripley. A team they beat in OT on a last second shot. 

My son and I do a sectional pick'em contest every year.  I picked South Decatur to win Sectional 44, so don't let me down.  He picked Milan.

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My son and I do a sectional pick'em contest every year.  I picked South Decatur to win Sectional 44, so don't let me down.  He picked Milan.

South is the best team. Milan, South Ripley and North Decatur all lost very close games to South. The difference is a South has been the hunted played in big crowds and won 4 OT games. I expect a big margin of victory for the Cougars tonight 

Galloway and Culver move on in the tourney. Wesley ends his junior year with 24. Culver did a great job smothering Wesley all game. He just doesn’t have any teammates to help take some of the pressure off when double teams come his way. It was a good game plan by coach Galloway after seeing Wesley score 35 of the 40 points in the first matchup back in January.

3 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Galloway and Culver move on in the tourney. Wesley ends his junior year with 24. Culver did a great job smothering Wesley all game. He just doesn’t have any teammates to help take some of the pressure off when double teams come his way. It was a good game plan by coach Galloway after seeing Wesley score 35 of the 40 points in the first matchup back in January.

I really like seeing what Archie is putting together.  He seems to be trying to build teams with heart and attitude.

9 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

To add Galloway had 20 as did Craig.

Archived