Penn State Postgame Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, MPM said:

I’m disappointed in the play calling. No idea why you recruit tall receivers if you’re not going to take advantage when you have that huge advantage. I would’ve loved to see more long jump balls. Instead they opted to try and dink and dunk down the field. Guys played hard and felt like we were the better team. We can definitely beat Michigan.

Sorry, I don’t buy that.  DeBoer has kept defenses off balance all year.  His play calling often had Penn State bemused today. Considering PSU has a first rate program, we had them off balance. This is after nine games of tape to study and figure out our tendencies. When they were looking for a zig, we have them a zag. 

I literally give DeBoer an A plus.  He’s a fantastic coach.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

For what it’s worth, you guys looked good today. Tough loss and some questionable officiating in Happy Valley. Will be interesting to see how next weeks game against UM turns out. 

Thanks Boiler.  I agree.  I thought we looked like the better team today, just a handful of bad plays kept us from winning it.  I can't wait til next weeks game.

29 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

We win that game at home.  That's how close this program is to beating a top 10 team in the nation.  

We are close.

Just like we were close under Wilson against UM a couple of times, against OSU, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Would be GREAT to have an actual win, rather than yet another “asterisk win”, against UM next week. I think we have a shot next week but UM seems to be getting better every week. Would have helped to play them earlier in the season.

Just now, btownqb said:

Good

Yeah, if we knock them off it will be a major feather in our cap.  And accelerate our momentum as a program.  We not only played them tough last year on the road, we brought the hammer physically.  Remember Cam Jones practically decapitating their poor walkon and Stepaniak kicking Winovich’s whiny ass, and on and on.  We need to bring the same edge next week.  I expect we will 

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Yeah, if we knock them off it will be a major feather in our cap.  And accelerate our momentum as a program.  We not only played them tough last year on the road, we brought the hammer physically.  Remember Cam Jones practically decapitating their poor walkon and Stepaniak kicking Winovich’s whiny ass, and on and on.  We need to bring the same edge next week.  I expect we will 

F em. Be nasty. 

I was glad to see James Miller have a breakout game.  I thought he's been playing well the last couple weeks, but this week he really showed up.  Had 8 tackles and a sack, and was all over the field a lot more than we've seen him since he's been here.  Hopefully he is getting some confidence to keep playing this way.

12 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I was glad to see James Miller have a breakout game.  I thought he's been playing well the last couple weeks, but this week he really showed up.  Had 8 tackles and a sack, and was all over the field a lot more than we've seen him since he's been here.  Hopefully he is getting some confidence to keep playing this way.

Me too.  This kid really impresses me. I’ve posted all season that he needed more snaps.  

Archived